Part 16

Vijay's P.O.V

As soon as we get into our room priya take the shopping bags one by one and excitedly check out the cloths we brought.

Then I get into the bathroom to take a brief shower. I dressed up with a pair of tshirt and pants.

I came back to the room to see Priya sleeping in the couch without even changing her clothes and all the shopping bags around her. I took a look at her and A simple smile played on my lips. I gently took her in my arms and laid her on the bed. I took hold of the duvet and covered her properly. I slept on the other side of the bed. Day by day I'm getting used to her sleeping habits. She hates to sleep in the dark. Every night she cuddle me while sleeping. I never used to this cuddle thing. Even if i tried to move she just don't let me go.

Priya's P.O.V

Next morning i woke up as vijay's mobile started ringing and it's already 6:30AM. I couldn't understand why i woke up late. I was always on time and make sure to set the alarm of my phone. I wondered If it rang and i hadn't hear or it never rang at the first place. Soon i freshen up and did my daily chores waiting for vijay to come down for breakfast.

Vijay come down with sitara in his hands and i served him breakfast. After finishing his breakfast he said "bye" and about to leave.

"come soon, I ll miss you" I said in an embarrassed tone. He didn't say anything, just turned and gave me his typical intense piercing gaze.

After he left Sitara came to our room. I narrates a beautiful princess story to sitara after that we started dancing together and we both go to kitchen as sita papa is craving for sweets so I made cashew fudge for all specially for sitara as she loves kaju a lot and I made some sugar free cashew fudge for her uncle as he is not going to office today.

We had lunch together. And then they tasted the sweets i made. All loved it and I'm so happy. Uncle gave me a warm hug. Saritha aunty kissed my forehead. Deepa di pulled my cheeks. Sita papa give me plenty of hugs and kisses just for making a simple dish.

Everything seems like a dream for me. I still can't believe i belong to this family now and they all love me. It feels like heaven when you are surrounded by loved ones.

kahnaji you have given me more than everything i have ever dreamt of. I can't ask for more. Thank you so much kahnaji i prayed in my mind. As is it 6 o clock I'm impatiently waiting for him.. i ran towards the door when i hear a knock in the door.

And i saw him holding a dog..

             END OF POV

"What is this?" she asked him in disbelief when she saw him holding a dog.

Don't you know It's a dog.. I thought of getting one long time ago and here i got him" chuckled vijay patting its head. Actually he is harley, 8 months old. As my friend was moving back to states he want me to take care of him and i made my mind to adopt him. That it.

Priya is shocked and still staring at him as the pitbull looks dangerous.

"hey priya are you ok? Why are looking at me like this? Let me introduce you to harley.. Come.. Say hello" he said and put it down.

The dog started barking at her and she gulped in fear.. "Priya it's just a puppy. It won't harm you" he said reassuringly.

At the very next moment priya started running towards her room and harley started growling and chasing her. vijay started laughing and followed them..

"Stay away from me dog.. Go.. Go.. Stay away" screamed priya while running.

Before she close the room door harley enters inside the bed room and jumped on her making her hell scared. She tried pushing the dog away but he didn't budge and she started screaming.

Vijay gets in the room. "He don't bite why did you ran" he asked her and burst out laughing.

"shhh shhh shhh get away from me dog.. Shhh go away" said priya stammered.

Suddenly she pushed the dog aside in a thud and ran to vijay.. She jumped into him and wrapped her legs around his waist and hands around his neck while harley tried to catch her but he froze. He stood there like a statue holding her.

"no.. no.. no.. no.. go away dog" she said hugging him more tighter and he embraced her like she is a tiny object.

She hide her face in the crook of his neck. They stayed like that for few minutes later he pulled away himself from her making her stand on her feet but still his arms around her waist and his intense gaze fixed on her. "it's ok priya don't be scared" said vijay.

Priya just nooded her head awkwardly unable to face his eyes.

Just do what i say. Don't move let him smell you" he said and tried to calm her. Later he made her offer her hand to the dog as a friendly gesture and in return harley sniffs her hand and thus they become friends.

Next morning vijay had his breakfast and left to office

At about 4PM he called her.

"Priya you should be ready for the party at 6PM Sharp" he said

"ok. Which dress should i wear?"she asked confused

"hmm.. I think that black one would be best. The one you tried at the last"

"shall i ask you something?" She stuttered.

"you don't need to ask this question everytime. Just ask me anything" he said softly.

"Voh... Hmm.. Who are all coming for the party?" She hesitated.

"Our important business associates. Some staffs and my friends will join us"

"Are they coming with their family?" Sge asked.

"ofcourse. The party is actually for our wedding. Just some food drinks and music. I've planned it just a week after the wedding but my friends were busy at that time and they do want to attend it so today it would be perfect. Anymore questions mam?" He chuckled

"no" she said in a low voice as she was thinking how the party will be. She was a bit scared as she never gone to a party before.

"ok priya. Get ready fast. See you soon" he said before ending the call.

As priya was getting ready vijay also reached home and he got dressed up in some casuals. Priya is not used to wear high heels and western party wear so it was a bit uncomfortable for her.

"You are looking gorgeous priya!!! he commented".

Both are ready and get out of the room. Priya is a bit anxious to walking down the stairs with her high heels.

Vijay understood that she is nervous. He hold her hand while walking.