Part 8

In priya's home, She stood on the balcony, looking at the stars and the moon, her only escape. She already lost her smile, lost her spirit to fight this world as she had suffered so much all these years. She grew up being abused. The little hope she had for her future was gone now.

Priya held back her tears thinking about her conversation with Vijay. "What have I gotten myself into? He clearly said that he's not ready for this marriage. what will I do now? I can never hurt Chandrasekhar uncle. You be with me kahnaji" she prays.

Priya is someone who firmly believes in marriage. She wouldn't be able to sleep thinking about his words. Most of all, the terms and conditions he was talking about.

Meanwhile Vijay had a hectic schedule for the whole week as he had to wrap things up at the work before his marriage. He had to postpone his meetings, invite his staffs and associates.

"Loneliness" that's what he always wanted. His world is different. He never allowed anyone in his personal space. He wanted to be alone.

Next day Vijay took Priya for shopping as only five days left for their marriage.

Priya and vijay's outfit

"Priya, My friend have a botique with best designer bridal collections. You just have a look. If you don't like any of the sarees we will go for some other shop" said vijay.

The two went inside the shop. Priya started to select her wedding saree afterall getting married and falling in love is every girl's dream. She short listed two sarees confused between the two; a green and a red one.

"Sir which one will look good on me" she asked hesitantly.

Vijay looked at both the sarees for a minute and said.. "hmm.. Both will look good on you but yeah still Red one is the best"

Vijay and Priya chose a traditional south indian dress for their marriage.

He brought her sandals and some Ornaments for the wedding. Then they go to order the garland and bouquet.

After they done with the Shopping he took her to a restuarant to have dinner. They reached her house at about 10 PM.

"Fuck! I just can't believe that I'm getting married" he sighed irritated.

"I'll come to pick you at 6AM.. Pack your bags and go to sleep. We should be at the mandap at 10AM" he said.

Priya nodded as she gets out of the car and turned to leave. "Priya" he called her. "You can still back out. Think about it" he said softly. She stopped her steps and closed her eyes for a second before turning around to give him a vague smile. They both shared an eyelock. "Good night" he said "Good night sir" she responded quickly as she walked out.

While driving back to home Vijay thinks of priya. He's surprised to learn that he is not getting angry or irritated when she was with him.. In someway he likes her company.

After seeing her shopping bags vidya and vaani fumed in jealousy. As it's her wedding tomorrow priya's friend kriti came to her home to stay with her.. Priya shows kriti whatever she had purchased..

"enjoy as much as you can as you have some millionaire in your pocket. After a year you will be back to your original place" Vidya told her left the room in anger.

Next day Chandrasekhar's family came to Priya's house for the Roka ceremony in the evening. It was a private function with important family members. Priya wore a simple red Anarkali suit and Vijay's all dressed up in a formal shirt and pant. Vijay was not interested in any of these rituals but he had no choice other than to follow the wedding plan.

Vijay and Priya sit together for the Roka. Tilak was applied on Vijay's forehead. Vijay's aunt gifted priya a beautiful piece of necklace and blessed her. Chandrashekhar gifted her a kangan and blessed priya. Both families exchange sweets and gifts inorder to bless them.

Vijay's aunt draped a red chunni on priya's head accepting her as their daughter in law.

Daadi is so happy and relieved that priya is getting married to chandrasekhar's family.

Vijay's dad has arranged the special medical team to take care of daadi.

Next Mehendi ceremony is arranged in the evening. It was a private function and no boys are allowed to enter so Vijay happily continued his work.

Mehendi artists started applying mehandi on  girls of both the families.
Vijay's sister had arranged one of the top celebrity mehendi artist for Priya. She shows some designs to priya and started working on her hand. Priya's heart fluttered when the henna artist asked for the name of her husband.

"Vijay" priya whispered and she nodded.

Priya's felt her cheeks red as she got his name in her hands.

"Today is the last day in this house. Kal mera life humesha ke liye badal jayege" Priya was emotional thinking about her parents. She prayed and went to sleep.

Nextday Vijay came to pick Priya to his house.

The mansion was decorated beautifully and everyone reached the mansion in the morning.

Vijay's dad CS and his sister deepa welcomed her happily and indroduced her to their family members.

Everyone praised Priya's beauty.
"I can't believe you are going to be my daughter-in-law just as i always wished for" chandrasekhar said proudly and priya gave him a heartful smile.

"I always considered you as my daughter. Don't think that As I'm getting you into this contract marriage i will let him to spoil your life. you are my responsibility beta" chandrasekhar reassured Priya.