Part 35

Vijay's P.O.V:

I rushed into the office as I was so fucking late today.

"Sir we have only five minutes left for the meeting" my assistant tanya informed me as soon as I get into my cabin.

"Get me the files I need for this meeting" I ordered.

"Sir here are the files you asked me to arrange" tanya said handling me the files.

The meeting is regarding the partnership agreement with the khurana industries for a new project.

The discussion took longer than the planned time and somehow the meeting came to an end.

We have been working with Khurana industries for over a decade and Navdeep is more like a friend to me. We're actually drinking buddies.

The partnership is of a 70:30 ratio. the debts, taxes, transferability of interest and other claims related to our new project are discussed.

After checking the clause and conditions we signed the agreement.

"As we have signed the project why don't we party tonight" Navdeep asked.

"Um.. not today.. actually a small party has arranged for my wife's birthday in CS mansion.. why don't you join us? It'll be fun. I think you should come" I invited him.

"Hmm.. why not? As I wanna meet your wife, It's high time" he smirked.

After the meeting was over I was lost in her thoughts. Never in these many years I got distracted at my office hours. Moreover I never paid attention to any woman. Something was different about the sex last night and it confused me. It was supposed to be sex..no feelings or emotions attached.. just sex between two adults. I've been really weird recently. I rarely wanted to hug or kiss a girl but with Priya.. Uff.. Why the fuck do i behave like a love sick puppy, I mentally cursed myself.

Author's P

Author's P.O.V:

Priya is so pissed of as everyone forget her birthday. She was eagerly waiting for the call of daadi and Kriti and was so disappointed with them.

"May be they forget my birthday" "May be they're busy" "May be I'm not that important to them" "I know it's too much to ask for" she couldn't stop herself from muttering.

All of a sudden, Vijay walks into the room after all his meetings are over. A beaming smile appeared on her face when she saw him. He sat on the bed after removing his suit jacket. Priya poured a glass of water and offered him.

He caught her wrist and pull her into his lap which widened her eyes. She tried to wriggle out but he held her tight. She shyly turned her face sideways unable to meet his eyes.. "You.. you're fine right" he asked, studying her flushed face.

"I'm fine" she whispered blushing.
"Look at me when I'm talking to you" he said sternly.

Priya rolled her eyes and slowly turned to face him. Their eyes connected. She blushed reacted to the boldness of his stare. He let his eyes glide over her fine features while he remembered the softness of her hands on him. They stayed in that position for a while and he got up to attend a call after carefully detaching himself from her.