53

PRESENT

SUNYOO POV

"D-do you know.... how scared I was?" He huffed, his eyes gleaming as I looked at him, and he looks back at me, and my lips trembled.

"Tell me... Sunyoo. What did my mom do to deserve this?"

"What did my mother fucking do to end her life without being happy for one fucking moment?!"

"Why did she have to kill herself when she didn't deserve any of the pain?!"

"Did you know.... my dad was really good-looking too? All the girls loved him. My mother was beautiful as well," he said as he stared at his cup of tea.

"I... can't hate my dad at all. It seemed like... I never will. My mom didn't want me to hate him because.... she must've thought we still had a chance to be one happy family," he said and I stared at him sadly, unable to speak.

"I also.... can't love my mom that much. I remembered she also used to cheat on my dad when I was a baby. It was before my dad was abusive and my mom already stopped when my dad confronted her. But then, he started hurting her, I thought dad was always the bad person but upon growing up, I also thought my mom was one too," he sighed.

"Everyone said... I looked like my father. But I'm scared... I'm scared that I'll end up like-"

His voice was soon muffled as I grabbed his shoulders, and I pulled him towards me as I wrapped my arms around his neck, my hand going through his hair as I placed my chin on his shoulder.

I heard that hugs would fix anyone. Especially when it's with someone you care.

"I... never experienced that. I grew up from a family who was good to me. So I never got to experience a life like that. But what I do know is the pain I felt listening to you. You've been through a lot. It's not your fault, okay?! So don't go blaming yourself!" I said as I hugged him tightly.

"How can I not blame myself? What if I suddenly snap and hurt you too? I've been through therapy, I take my meds because Namjoon wanted me too. I took so many meds until to the point where I thought I forgot about him," he explained.

"Jimin, who cares about the past? The most important thing here is that you're still healthy and alive! As long as you're here, you're going to be fine. You're strong and you're so brave to go through that! I know a simple "you're going to be fine" is not enough. But that's better than me telling you to give up," I said and he smiled weakly.

"I needed that. You know... if my mom was still here, she'd be happy to see you. She'd think you're cold and arrogant at first, but it'll all fade in a second. She always told me she wished she'd see me bring a girl home to meet her when I grow up," he mumbled and paused.

"Hey Sunyoo," he continued and I hummed as I ran my hand through hus fluffy black hair.

"You're a virgin, right?" He asked and my eyes widened, before nodding slowly.

"I lost mine to a fucking 40-year old woman while I was asleep. Can't believe my dad was clueless when I cried to him for help, and she was his side bitch," he said casually, closing his eyes and I looked him, before staying silent and stroking his hair.

"I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable. It's been years since I've ranted to someone about my past. But... because you've heard of it, would you still care for me? Would I still have a chance with you?"  He asked as he stared in my eyes.

"Normally, people would leave me after hearing my story. I've experienced people leave me because they heard of my story and called me a fucking retard, a bastard, a fuckboy for making myself feel better by getting with other women," he said.