55

YOUNGYEON POV

My brows furrowed as I looked at him. His eyes were red and puffy, it seemed like he was crying and his shirt was crinkled.

I sighed as I looked at him, emptiness filling my chest as I stared at him in that state.

"I... I don't know what to say. I'm sorry," I said, looking at him as he takes his shoes off, and he takes a seat on the sofa as he runs his hand over his messy black locks. His lips were swollen from crying and he kept nibbling on his bottom lip.

I couldn't help but feel my heart drop whenever I see him in that state. Flashbacks of what he had said to me about how his mother passed away and she was the only one who truly understood him. And now, it was his father. The same man who raised him up since he was a baby when his mother passed away, and probably the only person who he really relied on aside from his brother.

"Seokjin," I sighed as I looked at him, not knowing what to do.

"I had to cancel the conference last minute. And to think what a bad timing it is. Where even the CEO of Dispatch was in the party, and plus I didn't get to say my statement. Which makes it harder for me to explain," he groaned, hitting the top of his head with his closed fists.

"Seokjin, it's not your fault. It really isn't. It isn't your fault your father died either," I said as I placed down the clothes, approaching him slowly as I saw his ruined state.

He looked at me, his eyes bloodshot red as I sighed again. Before walking and standing infront of him to look at his figure that was seated on the couch. And he tilted his face up to meet mine.

Suddenly, my eyes widened as I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I gasped as I was pulled forward. My stomach hit something soft and I looked down to see the older man's head softly resting against me, his arms wrapped around me.

"I-I'm sorry... but... can I... hold you?"  He croaked out, and my hands made their way to his messy and slightly-sweaty hair, tousling it a bit as my fingers get tangled in his dark locks.

"Hmmm... I need someone to hug," he mumbles as he squishes his cheek against my stomach, sending butterflies to my stomach as my face suddenly turns red.

I hope butterflies aren't literally in my stomach right now.

I was between his legs, since he was manspreading. Which made it easier for him to hug me like this.

"Seokjin, you see I believe that when people die, they would want the people left behind to be happy, and to move on without them. My mother would say that a lot of times when we visited my dad, so I made sure to be happy all the time and to live my life," I explained as I kept playing with his soft hair.

"My mom would hug... me a lot when I was a kid. I used to be alone a lot so I would cry a lot as a kid. So my mom hugs me to make sure she'll never leave me. Funny how she was the first person to leave me," he says, chuckling silently.

"You've lost lots of people in your life Seokjin. But still, I'm happy you... you're able to pick yourself up and use that to make yourself a stronger version of yourself," I said as I looked at him, and I realised he stopped crying.

"I'd do so because there's no point with me feeling miserable for the rest of my life. Because I know that as long as I'm living, I'm gonna die reaching my goals in life," he says softly and I smile at him.

"I'm sure right now... your father would be so happy seeing you say that. He'd be proud of you," I smiled down at him.

"I don't know... I'm gonna visit his body at the hospital tomorrow since visiting hours are closed in the hospital. They told me that only mom was the last person to have stayed with him until the very end," he says.