76

SUNYOO POV

-10 months, the day after Youngyeon's leave-

"Jimin, we need to talk," I said as I stood infront of his door, and he looked up at me before gesturing me to come in.

"Sure, we can have coffee together inside, why? What do you want to talk about? Did you finally think about... what I asked you that night? If you maybe... want to start over again with me? I mean, I know you said that your engagement with Seokjin-" he rambled.

"Jimin, I have to make this quick," I replied and he nodded, as we stood on his porch, closing the door.

"I just realized.... I needed a break," I sighed deeply before biting my lip.

"Something's been going through my mind Jimin. It's draining me so much. I was so stressed that I didn't have time to think about you, or the confession you told me," I explained.

"So... does that mean you're not ready for a relationship... yet? I can wait," Jimin replied.

"You don't have to wait for me, Jimin. If you find another woman, I'm fine with that. You've been through alot and you deserve to be happy," I smiled and he bit his lip.

"Don't say that. You know I've never been so invested in getting a woman's love until now. I only get attracted to you now," he replied.

"Are you sure... you can keep loving me? Even if I do something that would make you hate me?" I asked again, and he stayed silent.

"If you did something for a good reason, I don't think I would hate you. But, you need to tell me what you would do if you won't contact me anymore," Jimin asked, and I only hung my head down.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you. I don't want to worry you about me who will be gone from your life for awhile. But, I want to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for... keeping your hopes up, and for failing to be there by your side," I replied.

"I understand. But... it pains me you know. But it's fine. I'm fine with that, because I'm happy you put yourself first," he responded.

"It also pains me Jimin. But always remember... I would choose you all over again even when we're seperated," I said, my chest starting to twist with this feeling.

"But I need to make one thing clear. So I would know if I can still keep loving you."

"What is it?"

"Will you start over with me again when you come back?"

It was that same exact confession he gave me that night when we were together. I pursed my lips, gripping my purse as I looked at him.

"I-I don't want to be sure. I don't want to break you more than you already are. All I want right now, is for you to be safe, happy, and healthy," I smiled sadly before turning my heel and looking at him as he stands by the doorstep.

"Sorry, Jimin. But if ever I am sure, staying away from you right now is the only way for you to be safe. Because for once in my life, I chose myself before choosing others, so I can be be free," I said before walking away from his house.

Then, my foosteps slowly slowed down as I felt liquid coming out of my eyes, and I covered my mouth before closing my eyes, letting myself sob as I looked down on the road.

I'm sorry Jimin. If only I spoke what really was on my mind, it was that I would start over with you again.

But because I loved you very much, I had to do this.

PRESENT

"So, you're not in contact with Jimin anymore?" Seokjin asked and I sighed before nodding.