63

YOUNGYEON POV

"Jimin?"

My eyes widened as I looked at the man who stopped infront of me. I was a few steps away from my house and he was a few meters away from me, walking towards my direction.

"Youngyeon, what are you... doing here this late? And why are you outside?" He asked as he approached me, a hand inside his pocket.

"Jimin, I... I went to the hospital. And... don't tell this to Seokjin, alright? I just wanted to know the huge news about his father," I replied lowly and he looked down on the ground.

"I heard...," he trailed off as he looked down at his feet.

"What?" I replied.

"You're... dating... Seokjin," he said and I nodded slowly.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you if you ever get exposed to the public," he smiled softly and I smiled back.

"Thank you Jimin," I nodded.

Ever since he said that, the air has been empty and awkward. And Jimin kicked a few pebbles on the ground.

"Seokjin's mother... has passed away too. The news was just announced today," he said and my eyes widened.

"Really? I haven't really checked for updates ever since I got out of the hospital. I'm... really worried for him," I furrowed my brows, thinking of how Seokjin felt.

Let's just pray he isn't home yet.

"Ah, you really should. Now that you're both dating. Not that I'm complaining, it's just really surprising," he said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"How am I gonna have a chance when you chose a man levels away from me? How did you both meet?" He asked.

"Well, we met as... friends then we started dating," I replied, trying to make a very realistic story about the both of us.

"That's nice. I hope he treats you well. And oh, this is your house, right? Hope he takes care of you, and please send my regards to him," he smiled as he patted my shoulder.

"Yeah. I should... get going, now. Are you okay? You look really down, wanna get a drink?" I said as I turned to him, and he raised his brows.

"Ah, it's okay! I have somewhere to go! You should go inside now, it's getting dark and I don't want you to get in danger," he smiled and I nodded.

"Thank you for your concern, Jimin," I replied.

"Anytime."

SEOKJIN POV

"Do you know Lee Youngyeon?"

My eyes widened, and he smirked through his tear-stained face as Yoongi pulled him back.

"How do... you know her?" I replied, my body tensing as I looked at him.

"I admit it was my fault. I was jealous that you had a family that gave you all the love you need in the world, what about me? I wasn't satisfied with a mother loving me, I want a complete family! I want the love only a father could give me! I want the same kind of love children get from a complete family each day!" He said as he looked at me.

"And then people call me an idiot for chasing what I want? For wanting something that I know would never happen? I never met my father, Seokjin. I didn't get to see him, but I still cried," he continued.

"But now, that's not what I'm here for, to rant all my insecurities to someone who would never feel what I felt," he said as he straightened up.

"This Lee Youngyeon.... she's your girlfriend. Someone you love dearly," he muttered and my eyes widened.