66

*refer to Chapter 39

3 YEARS BEFORE HELSINKI TRIP...

Mr. Lee Kyeong-yoo arrived at ihis new workplace. It was an averagely big building. And it wasn't really the tallest in Seoul, but it was decent for a person like him to work in.

As he walked inside, he went inside to one of the 5 floors of the overall building, making his way to the CEO who was in his seperate office.

"Mr. Kim, it's me, the new employee," Mr. Lee said as he knocked on the door, and the latter hummed as he walked inside.

"Ah, Mr. Lee, please have a seat. I would like to let you fill in this contract about how we're going to negotiate, okay?" Mr. Kim Seongjoo replied as he sat on his seat, letting the man take a seat infront of him.

Mr. Lee gives Mr. Kim all of his information, files, and identification and many more requirements for his job.

"It says here you have a family of three. It's good you are able to have a stable family at this age," Mr. Kim smiles as he scans the papers.

"Yes, I have a wife and a daughter waiting for me at home. They were really happy I got to have this job," Mr. Lee replied.

"That's really nice. I have two sons, and I'm glad you chose this company to work in," Mr. Kim replies as he takes his hand out for him to shake.

"It's nice meeting you, Mr. Kim," Mr. Lee smiles and Mr. Kim grins back.

-

Mr. Lee was packing up, getting ready to leave. He was walking towards the elevator and it was late at night.

"Redevelopment? Expansion?"

"Yes Mr. Kim, there will be an expansion after we have invested millions of dollars. And KimHit will become the biggest company in Korea by 2017, the stocks will rise 15 times more each year and the income will be millions."

"I see. Well, we need to prepare for this. Which neighborhood is going to be affected? Should we let the people move out?"

"The nearest neighborhood sir, it won't affect the people that much, a small number of people live there."

"Ah, I see. Please seal this document, and you may go."

"Yes sir."

The neighborhood near KimHit? Mr. Lee knew he was talking about the place where his family lived, he blinked as he glanced at the gap of the door of his office.

Where would they live? Where would they take care of his little girl? And his wife?

A lot of thoughts clouded his mind as he walked out of KimHit. He kept walking as he held in the words he wanted to say to confront Mr. Kim. He wanted to complain but he would lose his job in an instant.

Suddenly, in the middle of the road, he was pulled by the neck, a leather black glove covering his mouth.

"We saw you... you snitch," the person whispered in his ear and Mr. Lee froze.

"Wh-what do you mean?" He stuttered.

"You dare leak information like that? You'll still be on your knees on the end of the day begging for more money," they whispered.

"It's wrong... they're literally going to make all those poor people move out of their homes for redevelopment...," he trailed off.

"Still, you can't eavesdrop, you sick bastard. You made the wrong move," they whispered.