Chapter 1

Brad held Clary by the neck, flanked by three other vampires as Alec and Isabelle stormed in, the former with his bow drawn and the latter running to help Jace who was tussling with two others.

"Okay," Alec smiled calmly as he aimed his bow at the wall, ready to shoot and allow sunlight in, but before he could, a figure dropped from the ceiling.

Dressed in all black leather, it was quite clear she was a Shadowhunter, along with the two glowing seraph swords that she wielded.

One went through Brad's back as he disintegrated and she pushed Clary forward towards Alec, out of danger as the remaining three vampires hissed at her.

Her blonde hair flew as she dodged and stabbed, and in no time at all, there was nothing left of the vampires but ash.

The four Shadowhunters were watching in intrigue as the girl spun, blonde hair falling in waves down her back as she deactivated her swords and hid them away as she said, "I'm gone three days and you guys decide to have all the fun without me."

Clary was confused as to who this woman was, and that confusion was then joined with jealousy as Jace surged forward with a massive smile on his face as he swept the girl off her feet and into a huge hug as he spun them around, before planting a kiss on her cheek.

"My turn," Izzy said as she pushed Jace out of the way and pulled the girl into a warm hug.

The blonde then turned to Alec with a smirk.

"You will get a proper hello later, because we need to get the hell out of here, now."

Alec winked at her in response.

"Not without Simon!" Clary protested, already disliking this girl.

The girl rolled her eyes. "I've got that covered."

As if on cue Raphael came around the corner, a blade at Simon's throat.

"That's having it covered?!" Clary screamed as she rushed forward, seraph blade in her hand, only for Jace to hold her back before she shook off his hand.

The girl just spun to face the vampire.

"Is Camille gone?"

He nodded and she sighed in relief.

"Good. I hate working with her anyways, so self-centred," she remarked before spinning to face the Shadowhunters. "Ok guys, weapons away, please. And stay quiet and follow me."

Clary was extremely confused, but the others just followed her with a smile, even Alec, which she found beyond surprising.

She led them towards the roof access, Jace practically dragging Clary along as she kept trying to get to Simon, who Raphael kept snarling at to shut up.

"Get out! All of you!" the vampire growled, and Isabelle had to help drag Clary out as she fought their grips.

"Take him!" Raphael snarled as he hid behind a set of industrial pipes, shielding himself from the sunlight as the blonde gripped Simon's collar in her hand.

"Pleasure doing business with you Raphe," she smiled at him, Simon more confused than ever.

"Don't forget who your friends are when Valentine rises."

The girl feigned offence. "I'm hurt that you think I could forget you. Adios."

And they disappeared through the door of blinding white light.