Chapter 67

"ALEC!" Serena screamed as she ran for her husband who was about to let himself fall from Magnus's balcony.

She grabbed his hand and his leg but the force at which he fell pulled her over with him.

Both of them would have died if they hadn't been caught with Magnus's magic.

Magnus set them both down against the concrete rail as Serena pulled Alec's face towards her, tears in her eyes.

"You listen to me. You listen to me. Don't ever do that again!" she cried to him as Clary explained to the horde of people that rushed through the door how Alec had started talking about how Clary hated him for killing her mother. How he was a murderer and worse than Valentine for almost killing his wife.

Magnus then put Alec to sleep with a spell before leaving, not trusting him not to try jumping again, and Serena kissed his lips before the arguing got to her.

After Magnus left, Simon, Jace, Izzy, Maryse and Clary all began arguing, their voices growing louder and overlapping one another, and Serena was done.

"ENOUGH!"

And as she screamed that word, a white wave of energy rolled from her mouth outwards as it washed over everyone and they began to calm.

Though she was terrified of what she had done, of what had been done to Magnus as he returned to the roof, she was still scared of her family, who were still arguing, just without the yelling and angry expressions.

Magnus was also confused as he opened the spellbook in his hands and began chanting before his hands glowed blue, and the talking stopped.

As the group began with apologies and checking on Alec, Magnus pulled Serena into a hug with his one arm as she pulled herself together, needing a little serenity herself.

"What happened here?" Simon asked as Serena wiped her face with a hanky Magnus gave her.

"It seems a warlock had been having a little fun at our expense," Magnus explained.

As Alec began to wake, the spellbook in Magnus's hands disappeared and his wards went up, trapping everyone inside.