Chapter 17

(A/N: Enjoy 2 chapters today because it's been a week and I feel like it. XxD)

******************************************************************

"Hey, Alec, Serena. Can I come in?" called Robert through the couple's bedroom door.

"Sure, Dad," came Alec's voice and he opened the door to see Serena in bed, Max next to her as Alec was packing up the breakfast spread he'd made for them.

"Max, what are you doing here?"

"He hadn't seen Serena yet and when he heard she'd been injured he wanted to make sure she was ok," Alec informed.

"It's true!" Max piped up and Serena smiled as she kissed his cheek.

Robert smiled. "Alright, then. Listen, the reason I came was that the Clave needs that report on the recent demon activity."

Serena chose then to start coughing.

"Max, can you get her a water from the fridge over there?" Alec asked pointing at the mini-fridge that had been a wedding present from Jace, identical to the one he had in his room so that people didn't take all his drinks and snacks from the main fridge in the kitchens.

Max slid off the bed as Alec faced his father, knowing exactly what his wife was doing.

"We're not feeling quite up to it Dad, I'm sorry. Perhaps Isabelle could do it?"

"But the Clave-"

"Should have no problem getting it from Izzy," Serena said before bursting into a fit of coughs and Alec rubbed her back as he helped ease the water into her mouth.

"Very well. I shall let your mother know. Max, don't trouble your brother and sister too much," Robert warned before leaving, closing the door behind him and Serena's smile was wicked as she recomposed herself.

"You are brilliant, you know that?" Alec said as he pushed the hair behind her ear.

"I try," she smiled before Max jumped back on the bed and she tackled him into a hug.

"I missed you," she smiled as Max lay on top of her.

"I missed you too. You're a lot prettier than all my other instructors."

Serena laughed as Max was scooped off her and into Alec's arms.

"Easy there, Romeo. She's mine," he said as he began to tickle Max, the boy bursting into laughter as Isabelle walked in.

"Iz, something you want to talk about?" Serena asked her parabatai, who was dressed scarily like Maryse.

"No, I'm all good. Uh, dad told me about the demon report, and I wanted to say thanks. And Jace called. They need back up."

Serena sat up.

"We'll gear up and meet you in 10."

Izzy nodded as she left, closing the door behind us.

"Alec, can I come this time please?!" Max begged and Alec sighed.

"Max, you haven't completed your training yet. You can come when you get your first rune, I promise, ok?"

"Ok," he grumbled dejectedly before Serena kneeled in front of him.

"Besides, I have another very important mission for you."

"You do?!" he asked, face bursting with excitement.

"Yep. See, Mom and Dad think I'm sick. I'm not, but they can't know that we've gone out just yet. So, I need you to make sure that they don't come in here and find out that we're gone, ok? Think you can handle it?"

"Yes ma'am!" he squealed excitedly before running out of the room.

"You are going to make an amazing mother one day," Alec said as he hugged his wife from behind.

She scoffed lightly as she said, "Stop sweet-talking me and get dressed before you make me a mother."