Chapter 157

After retrieving Simon, along with all the other prisoners who were returned to the Gard, they'd discovered that the fragment of Glorious had been destroyed but Simon had been able to get his hands on the serum made from the heavenly fire in the blade.

The six of them were gathered around a workbench in the weapons room with the six vials of serum on the desk.

"So, you think this can separate me from Jonathan?" Clary asked after they'd filled her, Jace and Alec in, all of them having been stuck down in the cells with Jonathan all day.

"I have to run some tests but yeah, that's the idea," Izzy explained and Clary was purely amazed.

"I can't believe you guys did this. Without you, we would have nothing," she said to Izzy, Serena and Simon who only gave her warm smiles.

"We'd do anything for you, little sister," Serena said as she side-hugged Clary and kissed her hair.

"Especially if it means disconnecting you from your creepy brother," Simon added.

"Well, we have the heavenly fire. We don't know where the Morningstar Sword is, but the only two people who can use it are right here at the Institute," Alec pointed out.

"Since Aldertree has already had several cases against him, this was the final straw. And engineering a mass genocide, which definitely goes against the Accords, doesn't exactly bode well with the Clave. Grandma had more than enough evidence to sentence him to death. She says hi by the way JJ," Serena said, her brother smiling. "And she's also going to talk to Jia about commuting Raphael's sentence, along with all the other Downworlders now turned to mundanes," she informed.

"It's the least they could do," Simon said sadly and Serena put a hand on his shoulder.

"They will do it. You can never win an argument with a female Herondale."

"Hey!" Jace protested and Serena moved to hug him from behind, her arms going around his shoulders.

"Jacey, need I remind you that you have yet to win an argument with me?"

"You pull the big sister card every time! You're two minutes older than me! Two! You shouldn't have a big sister card! You know what get off me," Jace retaliated, and they all laughed at him.

"Isn't that one of the first lessons you learn as a Shadowhunter? Using the tools at your disposal?"

"Shut up," Jace grumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest and Serena chuckled.

"You know you love me," she pouted as she poked his cheek.

Jace grabbed her hand and pinned her to the table, hand gently on her neck as his other held her arm down.

"Do I?" he asked cockily as his sister looked up to him and Jace's smile fell as Serena's free hand punched the crook of his elbow, forcing the joint to bend as he let go of her and she spun them around, pinning his face to the table as she pulled his arm behind his back.

"You were saying?" she smiled smugly as she leaned down towards his ear, pulling his arm back a little more.

"Yeah. Yeah! Alright, I love you. Now get off me."

"Believe me now?" Serena asked Simon as Alec walked over to their side of the table, Jace walking over to stand next to Clary who kissed his cheek in comfort.

Simon was grinning from ear to ear as he nodded.

"Well," Alec spoke up. "If we're no longer needed here. Then we have somewhere else to be."

Serena furrowed her brows.

"Who's we?" she asked just as Alec picked her up, holding her in his arms as he strode out of the room, ready for bed, but not ready to sleep just quite yet.