Chapter 100

(A/N: Ok, so, we're at 100 chapters. That's a lot. And I'm only now realising how long this story actually is because we're already at 100 chapters and not even done with season 2 yet. Oh well. More for you guys to read. Enjoy chapter 100. XxD)

******************************************************************

Serena leaned against the glass wall as Jace stood with the deruning device, Valentine strapped down and three other armed Shadowhunter's in the room.

"Go ahead, Jace. It's not gonna stop me. It's not some rune that makes us who we are, it's our blood. And yours..." he trailed off as he looked from Jace to Serena. "Is exceptional."

"That's because you experimented on me. On my sister. On my mother. Why? Why her?" Jace asked.

Valentine looked forlorn as he said, "Sweet Celine. She wanted a child so desperately. When she and Stephen learned that she was pregnant, she was so scared that she was going to lose the baby. So, she came to me, asking for help."

"And I'm sure you were so happy to oblige," Serena said sarcastically and Valentine turned to her.

"The injections I gave your mother, laced with Ithuriel's pure angel blood, made you both strong. Strong enough that you survived after her tragic death when I pulled you and then your brother from her womb. I raised you to use that blood. I taught you -"

"You taught us not to feel. That to love is to destroy and to be loved is to be the destroyed!" Jace spat.

"And you've proven how right I've been all along. Look at you. Your love for Clary, it will be your downfall," Valentine retorted.

Jace was about to speak when Serena placed a hand on his arm as she leaned close to Valentine, meeting his eyes as she braced her hands on her knees.

"And I am proof that you are wrong. That the people you love make you, and them, nothing but stronger. And had I not been there for JJ, he might be the soldier that you want him to be. But he isn't. Love makes you stronger, and your blatant ignorance of the fact, Valentine, is going to be your downfall," she threatened lowly before she gestured, and his head was pulled back with a leather strap so he didn't move.

"Now, you're going to sit back, relax, and scream, as my little brother removes your precious Circle rune."

And Serena went back to leaning against the cold glass as Jace held the device to his neck, amped up extra high to the removal would be painful.

Valentine lasted only a few seconds before he let out a scream that was music to Serena's ears.