Future Queen of the Shadowhunters

(A/N: Hi guys! Just wanted to say thank you so much for over 2 million reads! I'm blown away by your love and support for this story and I hope you enjoy this little oneshot I wrote about Celena's birth. XxD)

******************************************************************

"Grandma! Grandma!" Jace called as he burst into his grandmother's apartment in Alicante, Izzy at his side. Their entire family, Maryse included, had temporarily relocated to the City of Glass in preparation for a very, very special occasion.

"Is it time?" she asked excitedly as she stood, dropping the papers she was holding to the floor, Jace and Izzy practically jumping up and down with joy.

"It's time!" Izzy squealed as Imogen broke into a massive grin as she took her grandson's hand and they made their way to the infirmary as fast as Imogen could go, which was pretty fast surprisingly with the height of her heels.

"How is she?" Imogen asked Maryse who'd stood from her seat in the waiting room upon the trio's arrival.

"She was alright last I saw her a few hours ago, but stubborn enough to refuse a calming rune," Maryse answered as she took Imogen's hands, both of them riddled with worry and excitement as the former Inquisitor sighed.

"Could he not talk her into it?" she suggested and Jace scoffed.

"He could barely speak in sentences when it started because he was panicking about all the things that could go wrong -"

"And there were a lot of things that could go wrong," Izzy interjected as she recalled the list her brother had recited before his wife had promptly told him to shut up.

"And seeing as he's also the one that put her in this position and my sister is unlikely to let him forget it, I doubt he'll have much of a voice in there," Jace finished.

"Yes, I definitely believe it should be Alexander that you should be worried about," Magnus piped up as he and Lorenzo walked over hand in hand.

"I doubt bringing life into the world will be much of a challenge for the Angel of Alicante," Lorenzo agreed.

"How long has she been in there?" Imogen questioned.

"Almost 12 hours. They wanted to make sure that she was in labour so they had to do some tests since her water didn't break till a little while ago," Maryse answered.

"But you're sure she's ok?"

Jace only scoffed. "Not even Lilith could take down Rena. She'll be fine," he said, trying to ignore the small part of him that was screaming with worry.

"Asides from the labour pain, I don't feel any panic or fear," Izzy announced. "She's worried, but who wouldn't be in her situation."

Maryse cupped her daughter's face as she smiled warmly. "She's already doing better than I was. I was so scared I broke your father's hand with how hard I squeezed it," Maryse revealed as everyone chuckled.

"The same thing happened to me with Stephen's birth. Marcus was oddly calm though, did nothing but encourage me. May he find peace in the presence of the angel," Imogen agreed, the memories of her late husband nothing but fond.

Another two hours passed as the group sat comfortably in the waiting room, chatting and eating as Magnus and Lorenzo whipped up a quick meal and then Alec emerged from the delivery room with a massive smile on his face as every shot to their feet.

"How are they?"

"Did it happen yet?!"

"Is it a girl?! A boy?! A girl and a boy?!"