Chapter 52

Serena slammed the door to Magnus's apartment as she stormed in.

"I'm going to kill Aldertree!" she raged as she collapsed at Raphael's side, slipping her hand into his.

"I am flattered señorita, but I will not have you die for me. You are too important to the Downworld," Raphael said to her as Magnus's magic healed the scars on his face.

"This is a breach of the Accords. And I can't turn him in because he turned off all the security cameras in his office, there's no record of you coming in or out. And no one would dare speak out against him. I have nothing."

"Then we have to find Camille," Raphael sighed.

It was then that Simon knocked on the door, his voice calling out for Magnus as Raphael grew angry.

Magnus waved his hand and the doors unlocked as Raphael stood and Simon walked in.

"Ok, time to put your money where your mouth is about helping me find Camille 'cause Raph-"

Simon froze as said vampire emerged.

"Man, you are everywhere!" Simon raged.

"Aldertree did this to me because of you!" Raphael said as he pointed to the remaining scars on his face.

"Yeah, well, you look like crap. Bring it on, Scarface!" Simon challenged as he shoved Raphael and Magnus and Serena got in the middle, Serena pushing Raphael back.

"Relax! Let's talk this out like civil Downworlders," Magnus said as he pushed them apart, him moving Simon back. "Anyone for a martini? I'm having a double."

"I'll take a triple," Serena said as she rubbed her forehead tiredly, quickly running her stele over her stamina rune to keep her awake.

"Angel, that's not healthy. You need rest," Magnus said as he poured drinks.

"What I need, is alcohol, thank you," she said as she swiped the drink Magnus had made and sat on the couch.

"You threatened my mother," Simon said to Raphael.

"If you even lifted half a finger to find Camille -"

"Lifted half a finger? I portalled to freaking India -"

"ENOUGH!" Serena yelled as she stood and both boys turned to her. "I have enough on my plate without you two at each other's throats. So, either shut up, get along and help each other or I'll save you both the trouble and kill you myself!"

"I'm going to die either way! Because all I found of Camille is this stupid box!" Simon said as he pulled it from his pocket and Magnus had to hold Serena back before she lunged at Simon.

She then whipped out her stele and ran it over the rune to calm her anger.

"You really have runes for everything huh?" Magnus asked and Serena gave a small smile as a wave of calm washed over her.

"Makes life much easier."

"This box is sacred. It contains Camille's grave dirt," Raphael said as he took the box from Simon and that caught Magnus's attention.

"Grave dirt? I thought maybe diamonds, or that gold ring she stole from Cleopatra's tomb," the warlock said as he held his drink.

"So, we're excited about a box of dirt?" Simon said sarcastically and Serena whacked the back of his head.

"You really know nothing about your own kind. You can use a vampire's grave dirt to summon them," the Shadowhunter explained.

Raphael set the box down as he took out a switchblade.

"Except, not that it means anything but, that thing is harder to open than the Lost Ark," Simon said and Raphael cut into Simon's palm and he swore.

"To open the box, you need Camille's blood. And since she's your sire..." Raphael said as he held Simon's bleeding palm over the wooden box, and it popped open.

"Now what?" Simon asked as Serena's phone beeped, the girl sighing before she downed the rest of her drink.

"Now you find Camille. I have to go kill the demon that attacked the Institute."