Chapter 152

Jonathan was about to bring his sword down on Izzy's fallen body, having crashed their meeting with his mother to try and kill her, when he was met by two seraph blades, their runic inscriptions glowing with heavenly energy.

"Back off," Serena growled as she pushed Jonathan back.

"Sweet little Serena. How lovely to see you again," Jonathan cooed as she hefted her blades, Alec running to try and stop Cain from escaping with Lilith, only to be repelled by Cain's Mark as the two vanished, headed back for Edom.

"I wish I could say the same," Serena said lowly before they lunged at each other.

Serena had Jonathan fighting defensively, for the most part, the boy managing to block her strikes and swipes and kicks and slashes. But that all changed when he was able to draw blood from her shoulder.

Jonathan smirked. "I said before that you're a woman of many talents Serena, but it takes more than talent to defeat me in a fight."

Serena returned his smirk. "Who said I wanted to fight you? I only want to sing you a song."

And his sword fell to the floor as his eyes widened, and Jonathan barely covered his ears in time before he was hit with Serena's angelic voice and he screamed in agony.

As Alec was tending to Jace and Izzy, even helping Simon who was waiting for his broken bones to heal, they didn't pay attention to Clary as she stood on shaky feet and began limping towards her brother, blood dripping from her ear.

"Clary! Help me!" Jonathan yelled over the sound of Serena's singing and Clary pulled out her stele as she began to draw.

Serena stopped singing and jumped out of the way just in time to avoid the portal Clary sent to scoop up Jonathan.

"Where did you send him?" Serena asked, expression grim.

"Where he belongs. The cells under the Institute," Clary answered and Serena sighed as she put away her swords and turned to her brother.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah," he said as he rotated his shoulder that had been stabbed.

"Good."

And Serena punched him in the face as everyone else gasped, minus Alec.

"That was for summoning the Queen of Hell back into our world, the same demon that possessed you and killed me, AND NOT TELLING ME ABOUT IT!" she yelled at him before turning on the rest of them and taking a deep breath.

"Right, now that all of you are ok and the necessary parties are in Hell or in prison, get your asses back to the Institute this instant for a debrief, or else, I will put you all on clean up duty for the next month," she threatened with a smile before walking off.

"We should've told her," Jace groaned as he rotated his jaw.

"You think?" Izzy said sarcastically as she watched her parabatai walk off.

"You should've told both of us," Alec said before going after his wife, also annoyed but relieved that they were ok.