Chapter 79

"Hey, hey, ease up," Serena said as she walked into the outdoor training area with a sandwich to see Jace sitting on top of Alec with his hand in an armbar as he laid on his stomach on the ground. "That man is the father of your future nieces and nephews, so I'd like him in one unscathed piece please," she said to Jace who let Alec go and helped him up.

"Gross, Rena," Jace said as he stole her sandwich, and she smacked his head. "Ow!"

"Yeah, because I didn't walk in on you in bed with a Seelie like a week ago," she retorted as she crossed her arms over her chest and Alec pecked her cheek as his arm settled over her shoulders.

"She's got you there," he pointed out and Jace gave Alec an offended look as he chewed.

"Some parabatai you are. I thought you were on my side."

"Hey, happy wife, happy life," Alec said raising his arms in surrender as Serena slapped his chest.

"Don't patronize me Alec Lightwood, or I'll be the one pinning your ass to the floor," she threatened, and Alec only shook his head as he looked from Jace to Serena.

"Wow, you really are twins."

"You say that as if it's a new thing," Jace mumbled through a mouth full of sandwich.

"Speaking of new," Serena began. "You find out what your angel blood lets you do yet?" she asked her brother who shrugged.

"Asides from activating the Soul-Sword, nothing else."

"Well, if Clary can draw new runes and I can calm people with my voice, you've gotta be able to do something other than being a pain in our asses," his sister sassed, and Alec laughed.

"Hey, I am a delight to live with," Jace said pointing what was left of his sandwich at her.

"Have you told Clary that we're not related yet?"

Jace was silent.

"My point exactly," Serena said as she jumped onto Alec's back, the boy catching her easily as she held onto him. "And you get another opportunity to do so. Inquisitor Herondale is inbound from Idris. She sent word ahead that she wants to speak to you, me and Clary. And you, angelic little brother of mine, can go get Clary."

Jace huffed. "But Rena-"

"No buts!" she cut him off. "That's what you get for stealing my sandwich, JJ. And you need to tell her. End of story. So, put away those weapons and go get her. And away my noble steed," she said as she raised her arm into the air and Alec rolled his eyes.

"You're ridiculous," he said as he began walking and Serena gently tightened the arms around his neck.

"But you love me anyway."

"Very true."