Chapter 161

Serena had been helping Izzy and Simon with the formula before Alec contacted her about the insanely stupid plan her brother had.

"Of all the idiotic ideas you've ever had JJ, this one tops the charts! You're not doing this!" she exclaimed as they walked into her office.

"If Jonathan smells a rat, you're a dead man," Alec agreed.

"I know, but he won't. Listen, we'll have real-time intel on their exact location. The second Isabelle and Rena are done with Glorious, we catch them off guard, separate Jonathan and Clary then kill him once and for all."

"Very noble of you JJ, but you've already died once. I won't have you die again, especially since Jonathan came fairly close to killing you the several times you've clashed," Serena admonished.

"Rena, please. This is the only way this works. It has to be me. They'll never believe you're on their side, not with how close you are to Alec and Izzy and the Downworld. I'll be ok," Jace promised his sister who just huffed as she moved over to her desk and pulled out a small wooden chest.

"Remember, in order for these rings to work and remain invisible, you have to stay alert," she warned as she opened it and Jace took a ring and Serena the other.

"You think I'm gonna fall asleep?" Jace questioned and Serena only glared at him as she slid hers onto her finger.

"Stranger things have happened. And If you lose it or get discovered, your parabatai bond to Alec is a last resort," she told him telepathically.

"Got it," Jace said aloud and then he saw the worried look on his sister's face. "Rena, I promise, I'll be ok. Here," he said as he took off the chain that held the Herondale family ring from his neck and placed it around his sister's, the metal warm against her skin as she clutched the ring. "I'll come back for that. It's mine anyway."

Serena hugged him. "If even one hair on that pretty blonde head of yours is singed, it's mine."