Chapter 72

"ALEC STOP!" Serena screamed as she ran into Raphael's apartment and the wave of white energy moved with her voice as it reached him was washed over.

After leaving the meeting she'd been talking with Luke about their hunt for the Soul Sword when Magnus had called. Had called and told her about his encounter with Izzy and a yin fen dealer in the shady back corner of the Hunter's Moon. And how she might be getting her fix straight from the source.

That explained so much.

Why Izzy had been acting strange, why her side of their parabatai bond felt wrong and weird and was beginning to grow weak. And why Raphael stank of her perfume.

But what angered her more, was where Serena suspected Izzy first got the drug from.

She then called Alec, who she knew was looking for Izzy and told him everything and to meet her at Raphael's.

Alec got there first.

And when Serena arrived, he was over Raphael punching him in the face over and over again.

And Izzy was leaning on the couch, delirious, barely able to see two steps in front of her.

"It's over now. We're going home," she announced as Alec then moved to grab Izzy by the arm and pull her from the building as Serena turned to face Raphael.

"Serena...I care about her. I haven't felt this way in a long time," Raphael tried to explain and Serena's look was just tired.

"If that is true, then see how you feel when you're both not high, and I'm not suffering because of the venom you put in her veins."

She turned to leave but stopped herself, facing Raphael again. "One more thing."

And she slugged him across the face.

"That is for what you put me through. And for the withdrawal you're going to put Izzy through."

And she followed after Alec and Izzy only to reach the garage where Alec was leaving Izzy behind at her request.

"Izzy, we're trying to help you," Serena said softly as the girl turned her sickened face on her.

"I don't need your help!"

"Like you didn't need Aldertree's help to go to the Citadel?!"

Izzy froze.

"How did you know?"

Serena scoffed. "I didn't. Not until you just confirmed it; all I had was a guess. And now that I know that he's the one that gave you the yin fen, I'm going to kill him."

Serena turned to leave but Izzy grabbed her arm.

"S! Leave it alone! I don't need your help!"

"Fine. Go. Go back up there to Raphael and let the venom that pulses through your veins break our bond."

Izzy's brows furrowed and Serena laughed humourlessly.

"Wow. You're so addicted that you can't even see how the venom is weakening our parabatai bond. So, go on, let it break. Then you'll be free of us for good."

And Serena went after Alec, leaving her sister alone with her thoughts for a second before she went back to Raphael. But whether it was to curb her cravings or because she felt like her family basically disowned her, she didn't know.