Chapter 142

"Careful, he's still in here," Jace said to Alec who faced his parabatai with his bow drawn after Jace had jumped from the high rise and landed in the alleyway.

"And he's prepared to die for it. I won't hesitate to fulfil that wish."

And Alec fired his arrow only for Jace to hold up a hand and drop it.

"I could kill you with my magic right now," he remarked. "But I'd rather make Jace watch as I tear you apart with his hands.'

And the two lunged, fighting with their hands before Alec drew to arrows and Jace two seraph daggers, Alec managing to stab Jace first in the knee and then in the wrist, forcing him to drop a dagger as he grunted in pain, anger growing by the second.

Eventually, they were both weaponless as they resumed fighting hand-to-hand.

And Alec was losing as Jace held him to the wall by the neck, snapping his wrist as Alec let out a scream as he fell to the floor and Jace scooped up one of Alec's arrows.

"He's in here, begging me not to do this," Jace smirked as he held the arrow and leaned over Alec. "They say the worst pain in the world is losing your parabatai, let's see how much pain he's in after killing his parabatai."

"HEY!"

And Jace's head jerked up as Serena angled her head and she said, "If you like pain then you're going to love this."

And she began to sing.

She sang the notes of the sad song Jace had played for her on the piano, the one she sang to Alec when she thought Jace died. She put every ounce of love and calm into her voice as she could.

And Serena had never seen such powerful waves emitted from her voice as Jace flew back into the roller door, crashing to the ground as Serena's singing grew louder, the waves coming faster and Jace covered his ears as he yelled.

He shifted between the Owl and himself as the sound of Serena's heavenly voice grew louder and louder, making the Owl's brain want to burst before Jace spat black blood and Serena's singing stopped as she limped towards Alec, overcome by a way of exhaustion but otherwise ok.

"What took you so long?" Alec groaned as she helped him sit up.

"Demons. Magnus took over, but better late than never, huh?" she joked as she ran her stele over his iratze before running it over her stamina rune to keep her awake.

Jace then walked over to them as if in a daze and the couple stood.

Jace's bottom lip trembled for all of a second before the three of them wrapped each other in a hug.

When they pulled apart, Alec said, "Go."

"What?"

"Go get your girl, Jacey. We still got demons to take care of. We can catch up after this. Go save Clary."

Jace looked to Alec who only nodded, and he kissed his sister's cheek before running off, a small smile on his face as he thought about the girl he loved.