Chapter 13

"Where are they!?" Jace demanded as he and Isabelle stormed into Clary's loft.

"Where's Serena? I can feel nothing but pain coming from her side of our bond," Izzy said and Alec looked as if he wanted to die.

"They were taken, while I was securing the fire escape. 5 guys. They handcuffed Simon and Clary, but they have to be Downworlders because they had no runes and no mundane is capable of knocking Serena out in a fight."

"The mundane was here?!" Jace asked, slightly jealous.

"Put them in 2 unmarked cars. I don't know where they were headed," Alec finished informing and Izzy moved over to her brother.

"We'll find her," she promised as Jace stormed out. "She'll be ok."

"I can't feel her," he admitted, the connection he had with Serena through their wedded union runes, completely numb.

Izzy pushed her hair from her shoulder as she showed him her parabatai rune.

"She's alive. She's ok."

And she took his hand as he scooped up Clary's messenger bag and left the loft.

******************************************************************

"Try harder Alec!"

"I am trying! Neither of them are showing up!"

"It's your fault she's gone!" Jace bellowed, and Alec couldn't help but wonder which 'she' he meant.

"I did my best Jace."

"Maybe your mother was right, and your best isn't good enough."

"JACE!" Izzy scolded. "His wife was also taken too. Your sister. Remember her?"

"Or are you so blinded by your feelings for Clary that you've forgotten us?" Alec asked. "Clary was the one that snuck out. My wife and I went out to protect her after we did the right thing and got permission. We did nothing you haven't done a thousand times -"

"Yes, you did! You lost her."

"And which 'her' do you mean Jace?" Alec asked a look equally as angry on his face.

"Enough both of you!" Izzy yelled, unused to the sensation because normally Serena was the one who would scold them for fighting over something trivial. "Whoever took them must be holding them over a body of water, which is why your tracking runes won't work, nor my parabatai tracking."

It was then that Clary's phone started ringing inside her backpack.

Jace answered after ripping it from the bag, putting it on speaker.

"Hello?" he asked.

"I never thought I'd utter these words, but thank god it's you!" came Simon's voice on the other end. "It's me, Simon."

"Where are you?! Where are Clary and Serena?"

"I don't know I think we're in some Chinese restaurant. Clary is being interrogated by these fake cops that say that they'll kill her if they don't tell her where the Cup is!"

"Where's Serena?!" Alec asked.

"Oh, Alec, you're there too. Uh, she's here. She's with me in a holding cell, but she's unconscious. When she came to, she broke out of her cuffs and was able to take down three of them before they knocked her out again. She's bleeding from her head and stomach, it's like they scratched her. It looks pretty bad. "

Izzy slipped her hand into her brother's in a comforting gesture, for both her and him.

"Look calm down, tell us what you can see," Jace instructed.

"We're definitely on a pier, I see a ton of water. And there-there are lockers. Oh, I'm in some sort of torture chamber, there's claw marks all over the walls."

"Werewolves," Izzy voiced.

"That's possible," Alec said, recalling the creatures that had darted by him earlier along with how Simon had described his wife's wounds.

"Simon, you need to get more specific, tell us what you see. Help us find you," Jace said.

"There's nothing else that can help Jace - wait, hold on, hold on."

There was heavy breathing and the rustling of paper before Simon yelled out, "I'm at the Jade Wolf Chinese restaurant at the pier on Greene street. They have really inexpensive cocktails. Just hurry, just hurry!"

"Simon you need to create a diversion," Alec instructed, mind focused on a plan to get his wife since the second he got the location. "Stall them."

"How? all I have are clothes and a lighter."

"Start a fire, Simon!" Jace yelled.

"That never works. Have you never seen an action movie?!"

"We're on our way," Jace announced before hanging up.

And they were off on another rescue mission, only this one much more dire than the last.