Chapter 37: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Auhtors Note: 

Okay so I was struggling to write out the upcoming battle but actually once I got it rolling the rest came rather smoothly. 

This is a fair warning that after Chapter 38 things happen rather quickly. So a lot of things are going to happen consecutivly after the other and well you'll just to wait and see what that exactly entails. 

But sadly yes this is the beginning of that battle. It was actually quite sad having to write it out but I think I did a decent job with it.

So enjoy this chapter, let me know what you all think and the following chapters will be let out shortly. **

Shikamaru

The twenty newly formed platoons had one mission directly from Lady Tsunade. Find the Akatsuki members that have been hunting jinchuriki in the Land of Fire. Asuma-Sensei was leading our Platoon, it was strange not having Ino and Choji here I’ll admit but kotetsu and Izumo were also good team mates. Our first stop was at the Fire Temple, one monk had managed to escape to Konoha. He said the temple had been encased in a sphere of darkness and when he stepped into it, it had made his flesh burn. He told us couldn’t see anyone other than a flash of lightening silencing the screams inside the sphere.

“Whoa” I stopped when the others did and glanced at Kotetsu before looking up at the temple, where the doors used to stand two monks walked out.

“You’ve come from the leaf village correct?” The younger monk asked.

“Yes” Asuma-Sensei confirmed.

“I see, we we’re contacted by the monk that has been in your care” He explained as we began to walk up the steps.

“Greetings to you all, I am the head monk in charge of the fire temple. I had been away from the temple for quite some time but when I heard what had happened I rushed back as quickly as I could” The elder monk started. We followed a few paces behind him as he led us into the temple.

“It was a terrible site indeed” I stared at the ruins of the temple and the caskets lined in what may have been the courtyard at some point. The elder monk sighed when we stopped in the centre of the graves.

“A fine black mist was covering the entire temple. It burned when attempted to step through it. Many of the bodies we’re made unrecognizable and much of the temple has quickly decayed” He explained. I walked towards what was left of the temple as Asuma-Sensei asked about Chiriku. I recognized the marks on the stone, what was left over after dark chakra receded. It wasn’t exactly a complicated mystery to connect the dots of who caused this. It was on the other hand hard to stomach.

“Rin” I breathed. I felt my stomach churn. The thought of two Akatsuki members doing this made my blood boil but looking at the caskets and realizing the destruction had come from Rin made me sick. I felt light headed and jumped when Asuma-Sensei touched my shoulder.

“Are you alright?” He asked. I nodded slowly.

“Does this guy have a bounty on him?” I asked and Izumo nodded.

“30 million on the black market” He confirmed.

“And Ri-“ I stopped. I couldn’t even say it out loud. That Rin wouldn’t have known that.

“Shikamaru” I glanced at Asuma-Sensei and sighed.

“And there assassin would have known that” I corrected.

“Their assassin?” The elder monk questioned.

“Rin Uchiha” Asuma-Sensei said flatly. I felt my chest tighten as I stepped back trying to get the attention off me as the silence fell.