Chapter 17: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors note: Here it is haha I couldn't wait to get it out! :D Let me know what you think! Message, vote, comment and enjoy!**

Gaara

There were thousands of thoughts that ran through my head as I stared at Rin, the main two being how much I wanted to hold her and the other how much I wanted to kiss her. She ran at me then and I would have fallen back if Naruto hadn't been supporting my weight. I managed to catch her waist as her lips suddenly pressed against mine. It wasn't like the last time, this was different. There was no one-tails to push back, that powerful feeling from years before simply poured into it almost like a jolt as I kissed back. She pulled back slowly and I felt her arms wrap tightly around my neck as she buried her face into my shoulder.

"You're okay" She whispered.

"Rin" I breathed about to make her face me until she sat up suddenly to meet my gaze with dark and teary eyes. She grabbed my collar pulling me forward slightly.

"You jerk, I can't believe you'd scare me like that!" I stared at her and released a soft sigh.

"I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you" I replied gently as I lifted a hand to wipe the tears from her cheeks. This time she sighed.

"Please don't apologize. I was just, I was scared that I'd lost you" I smiled slightly.

"I suppose it feels strange being on the other side of that" She stared at me for a moment and her lips pulled into a smile before she hugged me again.

"I missed you" She admitted quietly. I smiled slightly as she carefully let me go. She slipped off me but kept her hand locked with mine maintaining the buzz of our connection. I looked at our hands feeling at ease with her so close and finally looked to the confused faces of the sand shinobi until one moved forward and bowed.

"We apologize Lord Gaara but the Princess insisted that came along rather than remain in the safety of the village. We tried to follow your orders but..." I raised a hand and he fell silent.

"I would expect no less of Rin." I replied but could still sense their uneasiness around her and I knew she could too.

"I understand that I am a member of the Akatsuki" She started suddenly.

"But that says nothing of who I am. I am not an enemy of the Sand; they have done me the greatest deed by curing my illness. I owe them my life." I smiled slightly before looking around at the others.

"Rin Uchiha has protected the village and aided in my rescue. We are forever grateful for her assistance. Regardless of her status, I declare that Rin Uchiha is welcome in the Hidden Sand Village." I felt my heart lift at her smile as she mouthed a thank you.

"So we've got the Uchiha Princess now" I looked up as Kankuro walked forward and put a hand on Rin's shoulder before looking at me.

"You had us all worried little brother." I was about to respond until Rin was shoved aside as Temari knelt down.

"Gaara talk to me how do you feel?" She demanded. I was still a little in shock to honest but slowly tried to get up until a hand stopped me.

"Take it easy, you shouldn't get up too quickly. You're still recovering" I listened to Rin as I carefully sat back. It hurt to move anyway. I heard a sudden squeal and turned just Naruto was shoved to the side by Matsuri and her friend. I heard Rin chuckle as she got to her feet and stepped in front of me stopping the two.

"Hey, what the big idea!" Rin laughed slightly.

"Sorry girls" She started and looked back at me with a smile.