Chapter 8: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: So this chapter probably isn't what you guys expected to happen but it'll make sense later haha. Oh and some of you were asking who Ai was well she's Hidou's little siter um if you remember a few chapters ago I said two new characters would be introduced well she's the second and she also belongs to KittyWalton :D**

Rin

I guess even a hello may have been asking for too much. I had been just as surprised as Kakashi had been when I saw them. Kakashi really hadn't changed much but Naruto, even the feeling I got from him was stronger. I suppressed a sigh as I looked at Kankuro; he was lucky to have survived Sasori's poison. I knew how much pain caused; I remember being forced to take small doses to build an immunity to it. It had probably been some of my toughest training. No medicine, or pain suppressants just the occasional adrenaline shot if my heart started to fail. The Akatsuki was anything but kind and I knew after all this it'd be hell to pay.

"Rin" I glanced over my shoulder surprised that Kakashi had finally walked into the room.

"Can we...Can we talk? Alone?" I stared at him for a moment, not sure whether to say yes or no.

"Go ahead" I looked back to Kankuro.

"We'll finish our discussion later, I need rest anyway." I nodded then.

"Good idea, Sasori's poison really takes its toll." He smiled slightly before laying back down and finally I turned to face Kakashi.

"Fine" I replied simply and walked past him. I heard him follow as I walked through the hospital and up a stairway that led to the roof. I pushed open the door, the soft dessert wind greeted me along with the setting sun. I stepped farther onto the roof and heard the door close once Kakashi followed. It was silent for a long time, both of us just staring out over the village. I was slowly recalling each moment of the battle as I looked to specific areas and only broke from my thoughts when Kakashi finally spoke up.

"Why did you come here? Why are you trying to help them instead of your own village?" I sighed.

"Because while my own village tried to suppress and control me the sand has cured my illness and I owe Gaara my life." I replied shortly.

"But you're part of the Akatsuki, you're in the bingo book Rin. This doesn't make any sense!" I rolled my eyes.

"Being a part of something doesn't mean you belong to them. I still make my own choices."

"So you chose to kill innocent people?" I felt the anger spark in me then and I turned to face him.

"What the hell is your problem Kakashi!? I get it alright, I'm a criminal and you knew what I was going to become when you let me leave!" 

"I never let you leave, you chose to. I wanted you to stay!"

"It's been years Kakashi, get over it!" I shouted at him before walking off. I flinched when he grabbed my wrist. I was surprised when he pulled me back hard enough that I stumbled as I was forced back in front of him.

"Get over it!? Get over it!? That's what you have to say about our relationship, get over it!? We had something Rin, we fought for something and you nearly said" He paused suddenly but I knew what wanted to say, what he was talking about. 

"But I didn't, you didn't want to hear it" I reminded shortly. 

"Don't you think it hurt when we were given the new bingo books and I saw your face in it!? When I heard that you flattened an entire town!? That you went to work for Orochimaru of all people, he's why Sasuke left! Or did you forget about that?" I glared up at him, taking a step forward.