Chapter 94: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:

One more chapter! I think 95 will be a little longer, maybe, I'm not sure which parts of their journey to the summit that I want to use to connect the story.

I will hopefully have it up tomorrow though!

So please comment, vote and enjoy!

**

Kakashi

I had to deal with Naruto getting the hell beaten out of him by the Kumo ninja. They figured they couldn't get Danzo to do anything they would speak with Sasuke's team. Naruto took the full front of it, even telling them he would give them information but instead he let them beat him up in hopes they would give up on Sasuke. They didn't and I was sure to tell them if they want to do anything about Sasuke they should be working on gaining Rin's favour which would be hard to do if they beat up her team mates. This is also why I was late to meet with Rin. I walked up to the head house and knocked on the main door. I waited a moment before knocking again.

"RIn!" I called. I heard some shuffling, then a crash followed by cursing. I opened the door slowly and chuckled slightly as Rin set the table back on it's legs.

"Sorry, I thought I was hearing things and then I heard you and got up a little fast" She explained.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" She replied.

"The open sake, your red eyes, and let's face it you're many things Rin but clumsy isn't one of them" I pointed out and she sighed.

"The bottle is still half full"

"That's an improvement" I noted and she laughed slightly.

"Yeah, I-I guess it is" She agreed.

"What happened?" I asked and she sighed.

"Shikamaru broke up with me" She replied and for once I wasn't sure what to say back.

"Well technically, I guess in the end we ended it together but he initiated it" She explained, her words choppy and slow.

"It doesn't matter anyways, as usual he was right" She said with a dismissive wave. I nodded slightly, Shikamaru was known for being calm and calculated. I would assume that extended to his relationships.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why did he end it?" I asked and she paused for a moment as she leaned against the counter. She smiled a somewhat bitter smile before glancing up at me.

"Because of you" She said bluntly.

"Me?"

"Well not just you, but you and I." She corrected.

"He's worried about what we had or have. He wanted to know if I still had feelings for you." She explained and I nodded slightly.

"A-And do you?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I don't know" She replied and I nodded again.

"I have a lot to think about" She admitted more to herself than to me. She seemed to shake off then as she stood straight.

"But that'll have to wait, we have more pressing matters to attend to and Korra hates it when your late." I followed her from the kitchen, down the porch and away from the main house.

"Where are we going?" I asked but Rin didn't reply as we weaved our way around the compound and finally reached the farthest edge. A sealed off area of the compound, The Uchiha Burial grounds. I followed Rin inside and she closed the large gates behind us.