Chapter 10: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Rin

I wasn't paying much to their conversation on the Akatsuki and their movements. I had come to a small agreement with myself that the leaf and the Akatsuki were two separate parts of my life therefore I'd give no information to the leaf regarding the Akatsuki or any information involving the leaf to the Akatsuki. Though the first rule had one slight exception but if they ever attacked the leaf I'm sure Pein already knew what side I'd be on.  

"You've never really been in danger have you?" I glanced at Kakashi as he caught up to me and sighed knowing he was referring back to when Itachi had returned and taken me from the village.

"No, never have been" I replied.

"I guess even a psychotic murderer has a weakness, I just never would have guessed it'd be you." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm a weakness he's allowed to have." I replied.

"Allowed to have?" I nodded and sent him a smirk.

"Do you really think anyone could actually manage to kidnap or harm me to get to Itachi? I'm one strong weakness" I explained as I pushed off another branch.

"True" He finally replied.

"What are you talking about? What tailed beasts?" I heard Sakura suddenly ask and finally tuned into their conversation.

"My, my you're a student of that slug queen Tsunade and you don't know that when the leaf itself is home to the nine-tailed fox" I noticed Chiyo glance to Naruto.

"The nine-tailed fox isn't something we talk about, it's considered top secret" Kakashi replied firmly.

"Really, well not surprising I guess. Tailed beasts are demon spirits with one or more tails. The sand has had a one-tailed beast from long ago, that's the Shukaku sealed within Gaara." That one I knew, I had fought the demon itself in the chunin exams.

"So there are more of these demon spirits?" Sakura asked.

"Oh yes there are in total nine of them in the world, each with a different set of characteristics and number of tails; the demon beast of the sand with its single tail, a two tailed spirit and so on all the way up to the nine tailed fox of the leaf. The beasts are huge concentrations of chakra and during the great war every nation competed for control over them for military purposes, they fought relentlessly but the power of the tailed beasts were beyond that of human ability so no one could control them. I don't know the intentions of the Akatsuki but..."

"You're wrong" I finally said.

"Oh really Princess, about what?"

"That no one could control them, you're wrong" It fell silent then and the old woman chuckled.

"Of course, one who possesses the Sharingan eye can control the beasts" I heard a soft gasp.

"Is that true?" Sakura asked and I nodded.

"Not just any Uchiha though, they have to be a descendant from the main branch family. Our Sharingan; mine, Sasuke and Itachi's is s stronger than your average Uchiha. We hold the potential to unlock unimaginable power with our eye techniques but it comes with a price of course." I finished.

"So when they say the Uchiha are that powerful, they're not lying." I nodded.  

"It gets to our heads though; it's why my father had..." I stopped mid-sentence when I felt a pull at my heart. I haven't even spoken about my father since I left, not even before that.

"Rin?" I felt Kakashi's fingers graze my forearm and fought the urge to take his hand.

"C'mon we should move faster, we're getting close" I replied changing the subject as I pulled ahead. No time for family memories right now, I needed to focus.