Chapter 47: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

So I think I'll be done this in one or two more chapters! Then we have the three-tails arc which I don't think will last long. 

Then the Itachi-Pursit arc which will defnitly take a few chapters becuase that was of course a huge turning point in the series and it will be a huge turning point in Rin's life. 

For the most part I already know where it's going and how the fight pans out and all that. I even know the aftermath. There has been and will be a lot of care and thought into that arc.

For now though let's focus on finishing this arc and starting up the three-tails :)

Comment and Enjoy!!!

**

Kakashi

I was somewhat surprised that Shikamaru volunteered. This plan was risky and borderline crazy but separating the two would be our best bet. Though when Shikamaru had mentioned it; I assumed either Rin or I would be going not Shikamaru.

"Shikamaru I..."

"Rin will go with you" I interrupted before Rin could object to the plan altogether.

"What?" I felt her gaze on me.

"Look going alone is never a good plan. There are six of us, we can spare one" I continued.

"Kakashi, Kakuzu isn't someone to be taken lightly" She warned.

"I know but neither is Hidan" He argued.

"They want this to happen, they want us separated. Kakashi..."

"Your faith in my abilities is a little insulting" I tried and she sighed.

"This is serious Kakashi, we're the Akatsuki, and we're chosen to be members were not just some group of random rogue ninja" She argued. I knew she was concerned. Rin didn't exactly deal with loss very well. Even the loss of Asuma would have sent her spiraling.

"Which is why you need to go with Shikamaru" I said firmly.

"You know it's our best chance of survival" I insisted. Rin glanced at Shikamaru before nodding.

"Okay, okay your right. I can't let Shikamaru go alone" She agreed.

"But we'll need a distraction to get Hidan with your shadow possession." She pointed out.

"Keep him busy and I'll take care of the rest" Shikamaru replied and she nodded.

"Got it" I pulled the capsule from my shuriken pouch and handed it to Shikamaru. When I had hit Kakuzu it was also my job to get some of his blood.

"Thanks" I nodded and followed Rin as we stepped forward. I felt her catch my hand and I paused meeting her red gaze.

"You better be here when I come back" I smirked slightly and squeezed her hand.

"I said I'd be waiting for you didn't I?" She stared up at me catching my gaze. I felt my heart skip a beat when a smile came to her lips. I felt her grip tighten on my hand before the warmth of it left.

"Let's finish this," She said firmly and I nodded as I faced forward.

"On your lead"

Rin

I didn't like this plan. Not in the least. I didn't like that I'd be separated from Kakashi. Not just for personal reasons but for team reasons. We worked together for years, our teamwork was near flawless. You can't just automatically click with someone on the field. Separating the two of us gave us a disadvantage but separating Hidan and Kakuzuz gave us an advantage. Unfortunately in this fight, any advantage against these two immortal jerks was a good one.