Chapter 48: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:

Okay so the next chapter will be the final chapter in this is arc as well as the bridge between this and the three-tails.

The three tails will be brief and then we'll be getting right into the Itachi Pursuit arc. There will be a brief Hiatus somewhere in there.

This is more for the fact that I want to write out the entire Uchiha Sibs battle before I post it, so that way I can just post the chapters one after the other and not leave you guys in suspense.

So please enjoy this chapter and of course feel free to comment :)

**

Shikamaru

I caught Rin as she clutched her chest. I held her tightly, making sure to shield her from Hidan as I dropped to my knees. She struggled for air as she gripped my vest.

"How about that? Pain can be so addicting can't it?" Hidan taunted. It had worked exactly how I thought it would. Hidan fell for it from start to finish.

"C'mon Rin stay with me" I begged and she smiled slightly a she looked up at me.

"This isn't a date Shikamaru" She managed. I was surprised when her hand touched my cheek.

"I-It's a mission" I remembered those words. The same words she said the first time we lead a mission together. I felt her hand slip from my face and held her a little tighter. I knew it wasn't real, but it made me think that it could easily be. That one day Rin would just be gone and I wouldn't have had the chance to say good-bye.

"Rin, I-I still-"

"Pathetic" I looked up at Hidan.

"At least keep your dignity and don't cry over the bitch, she isn't worth it."

"Her name is Rin" I replied shortly.

"And she is worth more than you'll ever understand" He laughed as he turned slightly, looking towards the previous battlefield.

"Kakuzu should be wrapping it up soon" He muttered. Rin opened her eyes slightly and glanced up at me. I nodded and reached for her Katana taking it by the handle as she cautiously slipped from my arms. She winked as she stepped back, her face blurring before she disappeared. I set the Katana behind my back hiding it from view.

"Guess I should end this now" He turned and I noticed his eyes widen.

"What the hell"

"Did you really think it'd be that easy to kill an Uchiha? I survived a massacre idiot" Hidan turned when Rin appeared behind him and I took this chance to run forward. I swung the Katana around taking advantage of his dropped guard and sliced deep into his neck. Rin side stepped avoiding Hidan as he stumbled back.

"Nice swing" I smirked slightly as I gripped the Katana, but my smirk was quickly replaced with a frown when I saw Hidan clutching the wound in his neck.

"Not deep enough" I muttered.

"How are you still alive!?" Hidan screamed and Rin smirked.

"Shikamaru was three steps ahead of you this whole time. I told you Hidan, this fight wasn't my play." She replied as she wiped her cheek. There was no scratch; the blood of course wasn't hers.

"All that blood dripping off your weapon, it not even Rins. It's your partners" I explained. I was quick with my jutsu as he tried to get up. I felt the strain but managed to wrap him in my shadows.

"You know I might not be that smart but I can see right through your jutsu" He started, amusement still in his voice.

"After doing it so many times, any idiot could figure out the in's and out's of your jutsu"