Chapter 23: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: There going to meet up soon! Which since Rin isn't going to be there I'm only going to touch on the subject haha cause she doesn't really need to be there and if she was it would ruin things that I need to happen later on ;P So please vote, message, comment an enjoy! :D**

Naruto

This guy was nothing like Sasuke no matter what Sakura insisted. My argument was if he looked like Sasuke then he also had to kind of look like Rin and that would be an insult to her. Sakura said my argument was stupid since she looked like nothing like Sasuke anymore but I still saw it.

"Well what is it?" I continued to glare at him and could only assume Sakura had been staring to when I heard her gasp of surprise. I guess he sort of sounded like Sasuke.

"If you keep on staring at me like that, I will hit you." He said simply.

"Where did that come from? Where do you get off saying things like that?" I shouted at him raising a fist. I take it back this guy is nothing like Sasuke.

"I have nothing personal against you" He said simply.

"Oh yeah, then why did you say it?" I accused.

"You don't understand, I was only trying a different personality type"

"If you were trying to do it that means you meant it!" I shouted at him ready to wipe that stupid grin off his face.

"We don't need someone like you on this team!" I shot at him and he stopped walking.

"Alright that's enough, that's no way to talk especially in front of me your team captain! Mutual respect and trust are part of a good team; wasn't it Kakashi that taught you that. You are part of the team led by the great Kakashi. Lose the attitude" Captain Yamato warned. I felt the anger in me bubble as I pointed a finger to Sai.

"He is not a part of team Kakashi. Not now, not ever! The fourth and fifth members of our team are and always will be Sasuke and Rin Uchiha! This guy is just a fill-in for them, that's all he is; he will never be a real member of our team!" I shouted at him, he merely smirked as he put a hand on his hip.

"I'm glad you said that. Sasuke is a traitor; he betrayed the leaf and joined Orochimaru. Yes, you're right I'm not him at all. I'm not a traitorous cockroach. I can't fill in for someone like that" I clenched my fists tighter.

"I've had it with you Sai" He seemed to ignore me as he continued.

"And as for Rin, well she's all that and a tramp." I nearly shot at him if Sakura hadn't snapped her arm out to stop me.

"Remember Naruto the most important thing is teamwork. Calm down. Sai; Naruto was out of line but it's just because he doesn't know you that well yet" Sakura explained calmly.

"I'm sorry but I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive him" I stared at her in slight disbelief.

"At least we have one level-headed person on this team" Captain Yamato muttered.

"Oh don't worry he doesn't bother me in the least" He smiled slightly and Sakura shot forward slamming her fist into his face sending him back a few feet. I stared in shock.

"That's for Rin" I heard a sudden rumble from behind me and we all turned a giant wooden cage appeared behind Captain Yamato.

"I'm warning you I will toss you all in this cage if you insist on fighting with each other" He threatened.

"Look we don't have much time if we're going to make it to the Tenshi Bridge. With that being said I think we have just enough time to work these problems out. As a peacemaker I'm giving you two options, sit in a wooden box for the rest of day to figure out your team work or spending a night in comfortable inn with a hot spring. Which do you chose?" He demanded.

"You don't really know me that well either. I usually like kinder methods but if needed I'll switch to draconian methods as well." I flinched at the sight of his look; it wasn't exactly a glare but still sent chills down my spine. I sighed as I looked to Sakura; I guess the hot springs it was.

Sasuke

Some days it was hard to believe that Rin was a trained assassin and a highly skilled kunoichi in general. This day was one of those days. After another intense morning of strength training Kabuto had given her the afternoon off for ninjutsu practice. Currently she was filling a hole she had just created with an earth jutsu with water from a water jutsu.

"What are you doing?" I finally asked giving into my curiosity but she seemed to ignore me as did another set of hand signs. I recognized the fire hand signs and she released a fireball straight for the water. I waved aside the steam and stared wide eyed for a moment before shielding my eyes as she began to undress.

"What the hell are you doing Rin?" I demanded and heard her laugh.

"Oh relax Sasuke I still have my morning workout clothes on." She replied and I let down my hand; sure enough she was now in her training clothes and was also slowing slipping into the water.

"That's what you were doing? Making a hot spring?" She sucked in a slight breath as she sunk down to her neck and grinned up at me.

"Yes"

"You were using Jounin level jutsu to make a hot spring?" She shrugged.

"Yeah" I rolled my eyes as I turned away from her.

"You know chakra can be such a waste with you sometimes."

"Hey my ninjutsu gave me personal hot spring while yours just fed your big fat ego." She shot back.

"Shut up Rin." I heard her snicker.

"All I'm saying is now I get why you don't wear a headband, it'd never fit around your head."

"You are such a child" She responded by sticking her tongue out at me.

"Not my fault my childhood was taken from me" She said crossing her arms, I turned my back to her as I began to walk off. I hated when she got like that; well not hate but it was hard to explain. I mean how the hell could she just let everything go for a moment and have fun? Like our world hasn't crumbled to pieces.

"Sasuke, Rin how sweet spending quality time together." I recognized the voice immediately and was next to Rin the second she jumped from the water and took her Katana from its resting place against the tree. Kabuto stood across the hot spring she had made with a dark smile on his face.

"What do you want?" Rin demanded as she held her Katana down at her side.

"I'm leaving tonight with Orochimaru, on a mission"

"Okay, have fun?" Rin replied obviously confused.

"I expect you train in my absence" She sighed as she began to turn but paused.

"What's the mission?" She asked.

"Nothing, just the usual meeting with Sasori." She nodded slightly and gave him a half-hearted wave.

"Alright well I hope you get killed." I supressed a snicker as Kabuto's face fell into a slight frown.

"Your training regime is in your room" Was the last thing he said before walking off. I looked at Rin as she sighed and slid back into her hot spring.

"What is it?" I asked taking a seat just out of reach of the water.

"Sasori is dead, Sakura killed him." I tensed slightly at the name and the information; Sakura, that little weakling killed an Akatsuki member.

"Why didn't you tell him?" She shrugged.

"The leaf probably has something planned and whatever happens to Kabuto he probably deserves" She said smoothly. I could tell the look in her eyes though; she was worried about our old team. Kabuto was one thing but if Orochimaru was there to then they'd have trouble. I sighed as I leaned back on my hands. I didn't understand why she couldn't just do what I did; cut her losses and forget the team. It'd save her the stress in long run. I almost laughed at myself for my stupidity. This was Rin I was talking about, if she still cared about me after what I did to her she would care just as much for them.