Chapter 82: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

Hey! I'm so sorry guys, I somehow got to reading a past chapter and realized that I had some continuity issues in this chapter that needed to be fixed. That took a lot longer than I thought. 

But I really hope you guys like this chapter, it really ties everything together but the question is if it does it well enough! So I'm super nervous for it but please let me know what you all think!

Now comment, vote and of course enjoy!

**

**Vision/Dream**

Rin

A small fire appeared on the ground and I followed Itachi as he sat next to it. While it was good to see him it still felt strange. Like any minute I'd wake up in a panic in the Nara's guest room and Shikamaru would be at the door disheveled and worried.

"I'm sure there's more you'd like to say and questions you'd like to ask. I hope that I will answer some in this process" He explained and I nodded slightly as I crossed my legs.

"So let's begin with what I assume is your first question. How is this possible?" He asked and I nodded again in confirmation.

"I'm sure after my passing Madara may have mentioned the bond we share in attempt to keep you on his side." He stated.

"He said we shared more than blood but I assumed it was his last desperate attempt to get me to stay" I replied.

"He wasn't lying" He said and paused for a moment as he stared at the flame.

"The Uchiha have always been greatly devoted to love and friendship, which as you know are traits we attempt to hide. Yet, when the object of this affection is lost that love can instantaneously turn into hatred. This leaves us more inclined to do anything and everything in our power to achieve our goals, regardless of the consequences and repercussions."

"Which manifests in our Sharingan, I know the stories just as well as you do Itachi. Dad used to tell us all the time" I interrupted much to his annoyance.

"I know, but what you don't know is its relation to the light in the Uchiha darkness. You and Sasuke we're to young at the time." He explained and I fell silent urging him to continue.

"It was knowledge passed down for generations among the Uchiha and we waited for the light to be born, the child that could end the curse of the Uchiha and aid in the creation of peace. Initially they believed I was that child, and for a short time I was"

"A short time?" I questioned and he nodded.

"Part of being the light meant darkness could reside within you but not destroy you. An ability granted by the power of the ten-tailed beast." He said slowly.

"But there's only nine" I objected.

"Nine split from one by the original sage yes, but the beast it came from was powerful and ancient. Even after this division two parts remained. The physical and spiritual forms, the first a statue needing the power of the other beasts to unlock it and the second it's consciousness searching for a body that would host it till the two could be brought together again." He explained.

"So what does this have to do with you and me?" I asked.

"I was the body he chose." He replied.

"The first. I hosted him for years until I used the power he granted me, the dark chakra to end the clan. It angered him, but before he chose another host he left me with an illness as punishment for abusing his power"