Chapter 59: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:

So let me know what you think! I'm sorry there are so many filler chapters so far, but since Rin is with Itachi that I'll only touch base on what's going on with the others.

So that way you all won't be too lost with where we are in the story :D

Vote, comment and of course enjoy!

**

Itachi

I had been planning to prepare Rin for weeks. I only wish we had more time, but she had been surprisingly busy under Pein and Madara's orders. I knew what was coming, and part of me knew that she did as well. She needed to be ready, for whatever or whoever she chose. The options, being Sasuke and I, were not favourable. We had both hurt her deeply, and it amazed me everyday that she chose to stand and defend either of us. Before now though that usually meant against other ninja or villages, her comrades or superiors. She never had to defend us from each other. I already knew, I couldn't hurt Rin or rather I couldn't kill her but Sasuke had already tried. A miscalculation I took personal blame for and now wanted to do all in my power to avoid.

"No dark chakra!" I called and Rin cursed as she blocked another of Kisame's blows. We had agreed that since dark chakara effected things differently it'd be best to not risk Samehada absorbing it. Rin was still safe in a way seeing as the sword wasn't fond of lightning/fire based chakra types.

"What about lightning?"

"It's fine" I replied and lightning sparked off her katana. Her sharingan burned red as she slammed her katana into the ground and the lightning blew the tree Kisame had been in to splinters.

"Ease up on your Katana Rin, it's an extension of yourself not..."

"I learned from one of the seven swordsmen of the mist" She snapped and flipped avoiding Samehada.

"I think this is something I know a little better than you Itachi!" She slammed her katana into the ground again and used it to turn herself landing a kick right into Kisame's ribs. Kisame slid back and I was a little surprised when he spit out blood. Rin pulled her blade from the ground and spun it in her hand.

"Kisame" He glanced at me and nodded as he returned Samaheda to his back.

"I'll handle it alone" He replied simply. Other than time, we had a second problem. Leader and Madara were on the hunt for Rin, so Kisame would be handling our missions while I remained closer to Rin. In case one of them decided to pay a visit.

"Oh c'mon, I was doing great" She objected and I smirked slightly as I drew a blade from within my cloak. Rin raised an eyebrow and began to laugh.

"Seriously? I mean sure you have your old ANBU training and I'm sure you picked up some tricks along on the way but this is the one thing I know I can do better than you or Sasuke. I've been training with a katana since I was six"

"I'm aware" I replied and let my blade rest at my side.

"Which is why you'll take the lead on this exercise" She stopped laughing and looked up at me.

"Wait, you want me to train you?" She replied and I sighed.

"If you'd like to put it in those terms then I suppose" She grinned then, a large grin as she balanced her katana over the back of her hand.

"Alright, well you did get one thing right. Your blade is an extension of yourself. It moves with you, not for you. Zabuza might have been a bit of a psycho but he was the best in his trade, and I am glad I had the chance to learn under him" She started.