Chapter 13: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors note:  I am so sorry haha as a fan pointed out I never did update when I woke up and Percy Jackson is to blame for that haha ;] But yes I am currently diving between the Demigod and Ninja world tyring not to get to lost in one and forget about the other but it's hard to say the least :P Anyways here you are, finally! :D**

Kakashi

I could tell Rin was growing impatient; she kept pacing or shifting her weight from foot to foot as she glanced at me waiting for the signal from Gai. Sakura was in position ready to destroy the boulder once we released the shield, now all we needed was Gai’s team to be in position and we’d be set.

“Team Gai is in position, are you guys ready over there?” Gai’s voice suddenly broke through in my earpiece.

“We’re ready” I replied gaining Rin’s attention once more.

“Alright on my count; one…two…three!” I ripped the seal from the boulder the moment he said three and jumped off as Sakura ran forward and with a single punch smashed the boulder to pieces. I glanced at Rin who was now across from me and seemed somewhat impressed. I gave them a simple hand gesture and we jumped in. I landed beside Naruto, Chiyo and Sakura on the opposite side of the entry and Rin straight in the centre. I noticed the look in her eyes as she stared forward and her arms seemed to drop by her side.

“Gaara” She breathed. I followed her gaze to the two Akatsuki members; the blonde literally sitting on Gaara’s body.

“Good to see you’re on your feet again Rin” I glanced back at her and noticed her fists clench. 

“You little…” She disappeared then and I immediately looked back to the Akatsuki members just as Rin slammed into the blonde one tackling him to the ground and landed a hard punch to his face.

“I’m going to put you through hell Deidara, mark my words I’ll make you pay for this!” She screamed at him. I heard her grunt slightly as he managed to flip her over so that now he sat on her waist pinning her down.

“That temper of your is exactly what’s gotten you in trouble with Pein; let me refresh your memory Princess you are one of us.” I flinched when Rin raised her knee as hard as she could and Deidara doubled over in pain.

“Get off me you bastard!” She shoved him off her and sent him skidding across the rock floor as she reached for Katana but seemed to freeze.

“Sasori stop”

“Enough of this nonsense” He replied and with what seemed a flick of his wrist sent Rin into the air. I shot forward catching her before she could hit the water and kept hold of her arm when I set on her feet.

“You’re being reckless” I muttered into her ear.

“You bastards, just where do you think you’re sitting!?” Naruto shouted suddenly and I noticed that Deidara had managed to get back up and returned to his place on Gaara. I noticed him smirk.

“Well so much for that mystery, this kids the jinchuriki, the one who barges in and barks first alright; seriously Itachi was right on the money” Rin pulled from my grip and a second later she was a few steps in front of Naruto with her arm out creating a small barrier.

“Easy, you’re a target to don’t forget that” She warned but I could see that she was attempting to keep her impulsiveness in check. I noticed her flinch when Naruto grabbed her arms and forced her to turn and look at him.

“What’s wrong with him Rin? You said you had a connection to him, what’s wrong with him!?” Naruto demanded. Rin looked away from him and to Gaara and released a steady breath.