Chapter 81: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

Okay for those of you that didn't see my message I added some things to the previous chapter. It just didn't turn out how I wanted it to, so I chose to edit it and now am much happier with the result. 

There will also be another update later today or tomorrow, I'm just finishing up the next chapter! It's just very important to execute it correctly so I'm really sorry for the delay. 

The pole is still open and a link is in the about me on my profile. Here is an update on who's winning: SO, in the first place we have Kakashi, second is no one, third is surprisingly Gaara and fourth is Shikamaru.  

**Edit: Voting closed as of 2016**

We also have three write-ins for Naruto who is in the last place.  One write-in for death, two write-ins for Neji & Hinata, and one write-in for Ino. 

Now without further delay please comment, vote, and enjoy!

**

**Vision/Dream**

Itachi

I stared at Rin and she stared right back. I could see the confusion in her eyes and the disbelief. She stepped back when I stepped forward. Her hand moving to her belt ready to grab her katana. I noticed then that she wasn't in her regular gear, this uniform was a little heavier than what she normally chose to wear.

"You're in the ANBU" I realized and stared at her headband, the slash gone. This one was new and unscathed. Rin nodded slowly in response.

"The uniform suits you," I said slowly.

"So I've been told" She replied cautiously.

"So you returned to the leaf?" I asked and she didn't respond.

"How do I know this is you?" She questioned instead.

"Itachi is dead, and if this is some sick illusion Pein I swear to god it's the last jutsu you'll ever pull!" Her voice rose and her temper flared. I sighed as I pushed back my bangs.

"It's me Rin, at least the part of me that is linked with the Juubi"

"The what?" She asked.

"The..."

"Save it, I'm not giving into this illusion. Screw off Itachi or whoever you are" She said shortly and turned her back to me.

"Rin wait!" I shouted and she paused.

"How can I prove it's me?" I asked desperately and it fell silent.

"What were Itachi's last words? The last words he said to me?" She demanded.

"I love you too Rin" I replied confidently and it fell silent again. I sighed about to give up. If she didn't believe that she wouldn't believe anything. I would have walked off but nearly stumbled as Rin ran into me. I felt her arms wrap around my torso and grip the back of my shirt. I was stunned at first but it took seconds to return the hug with just as much strength.

"Idiot" She muttered into my chest and I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm sorry" I replied gently and it was a while before either of us could let go. Rin wiped her eyes before she looked up at me.

"How did you become an ANBU?" I asked.

"I made a deal with the elders. Your secret stays a secret as long as they agreed to my terms." She replied and I was silent for a moment.