Chapter 28: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors note: I am currently one or two chapters away from finishing the Twelve Gaurdian Arc. :D Woooooooooo. Haha I am really excited to get this chapter out :3 So please, please, please tell me whatcha think. Vote, comment and enjoy!**

Shikamaru

I walked back into the hospital. I figured after Asuma-Sensei told everyone to leave it had to be something important. So instead of eating BBQ with the others, I told them I had to help my Dad with something. Instead, I was returning to Kakashi-Sensei's room. I opened the door and they turned.

"You guys don't need to leave me out of this. I'm just as concerned about the Akatsuki as you are" I started as I entered the room making sure to slide the door closed behind me.

"And Naruto is he going to be okay? What if those guys from the Akatsuki attack, even Gaara couldn't-?"

"You're right; he wouldn't be able to do it." Kakashi Sensei interrupted.

"Naruto said Rin was there to help Gaara, even Temari told that they were..." I stopped I couldn't bring myself to say it. I glanced up and noticed Kakashi sensei's eye on me.

"She was there and she helped, but we can't keep assuming she'll come to the rescue." Kakashi replied.

"Besides if she shows weakness they'll kill her. They keep her around for her skill but that'll only keep her alive for so long. If she betrays them again it'll be her life to pay." He continued.

"They'd just throw her away like that?" I asked feeling a spark in me and he nodded.

"They don't care about Rin. Her skill can be taught to others. They only tolerate her because of her dark chakra."

"What's so special about it?" I questioned and Asuma sensei sighed as he leaned against the window sill.

"Dark ninjutsu was forbidden after the first ninja war. Not only because of its power but also how quickly it killed the user. They thought after forbidding the practice it would disappear and for a while it did until Rin." He explained.

"But why doesn't it kill her?" I asked and looked at Kakashi sensei when he sighed.

"We don't know"

==================================================================

Sasuke

I hated this part of any fight I had with Rin, the guilt and then the apology. I knew she had to head out soon which is why I didn't want us parting on bad terms. I didn't knock when I got to her room; I just pushed open the doors. There she was staring at a map that was surrounded by four pictures.  

"This is Akatsuki business you really shouldn't be in here right now." She said flatly as she circled something on the map and glanced down at a scroll on her desk.

"I wanted to talk" I said and she sighed.

"I don't have time; I have to track down four idiots who think it's fun to rob graves. Reminds me of Kakuzu" She muttered and I didn't bother asking her who that was.

"I wanted to apologize" I continued and she put down the scroll.

"You know if you use apologize so much it starts to lose meaning."

"I know, I just shouldn't have..."

"You called me a tool, a tool Sasuke and you pulled your Katana on me. I thought we were past all this!" She shouted turning to face me.

"I know, I just didn't want the leaf knowing you were my weakness"

"Oh yeah cause the great Sasuke Uchiha can't have a weakness" She shot back and I forced back a glare.