Chapter 11: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Naruto

"Release!" I flinched when a hand slammed into my back. The shock of the sudden burst of chakra managed to knock my legs from beneath me. I expected to hit the ground but instead fell back into a small frame. I heard a slight groan.

"Jeez Naruto you still need to lay off the ramen" My eyes snapped open at the familiar voice and I was surprised to find myself free of the genjutsu and leaning against Rin's body as she supported my weight.

"Impressive little sister, pulling him out of my genjutsu with nothing but your own power" Rin ignored Itachi's taunt as she set me down and forced me to meet her blazing red eyes.

"Are you okay?" I nodded.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. What happened?" I asked.

"You got caught in his genjutsu. I warned you just because this isn't the real Itachi doesn't mean you should drop your guard idiot. I channeled my chakra into you and broke his hold." She explained before rising to her feet.

"You should be fine now," She said as she faced Itachi and I finally noticed Kakashi sensei a few feet ahead of her.

"I think it's about time for the main event, c'mon Naruto I'll show you how it's done" He called behind him before shooting forward. Itachi's hand moved in a blur resulting in multiple small fireballs to fly at Kakashi sensei who dodged each with ease.

"He's not done yet!" Kakashi sensei warned and Rin stepped forward a little more. I noticed the sudden focus in her eyes and stared in amazement as her hands moved in harmony with Itachi's the both of them releasing their jutsu at once.

"Fireball Jutsu!"

Kakashi

The explosion itself had nearly knocked me back but the heat from both fireballs was almost excruciating; leave it to two Uchiha to heat up a battle I guess. I shot forward the moment it cleared with my lightning blade in hand, as expected Itachi jumped to avoid the attack but not Naruto's. He seemed slightly caught off guard as Naruto slammed his Rasengan into his chest and into the ground.

"Why are you so persistent!? Deidara told you I was here didn't he, it's why Leader sent you of all people!" I thought we had gotten him but Rin's annoyed shouting told me otherwise. The smoke cleared and sure enough, Itachi stood before a crater and across from him, now closer than before was Rin.

"Do me a favour and tell Deidara that if Gaara is dead when I get there I'll drag him through hell and back! And you can tell Leader if he's dead then he can shove my membership up his ass because I'll quit!" I noticed Itachi sigh as he looked down at Rin.

"Always saying things recklessly" I was about to run forward when he began to lift a hand to Rin but froze when another caught my shoulder.

"Hidden mist jutsu, it'll mess with his Sharingan trust me. Not enough but it could help" I listened to the voice as I put my hands together in quick hand signs and a heavy mist surrounded the field. I finally glanced behind me and met a pair of red eyes that seemed to glow under the cover of the mist.

"So that was a shadow clone?" She nodded.

"Look here's a hint that I hate to give you but genjutsu takes little to no effect on clones." I stared at her for a moment as her hand slipped from my shoulder.

"Keep that in mind, this jutsu can't last long. Let's take the fight to him this time. Naruto's getting ready to deliver the final blow we just need to keep his attention on us." I nodded slightly as she stepped into the mist. I followed her shadowy figure until she stopped and Itachi was once again visible.