Chapter 12: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:  Here we go haha I promise it'll get more interesting!!! :]**

Rin

**Dreaming**

It felt like the life was being sucked out of me, like part of me was being forced and pulled from within. I struggled for air, I struggled to move and anything I saw was dark or blurry images of starry flickering figures. Every inch of my body was stiff, unable to respond to any command I attempted; my arms and legs merely hung limp around me. I tried to focus; through the confusion and pain and everything seemed to stop for a moment until I suddenly slammed against the ground. I groaned slightly as the haze began to wear off and rolled to my back to see where I had fallen from but above me was no ledge or cliff only the hovering body of a familiar red-headed Kage.

"Gaara" I breathed. I was in him, in his body feeling what he felt, everything they were doing to him. I tried to stand but sand seemed to circle my arms and legs restraining me.

"Stay safe" A familiar voice echoed softly through my head.

"Stay safe Rin" I struggled to get free as the sand seemed to pull me farther.

"Gaara!" I shouted.

"Gaara!" 

Kakashi

I had noticed Rin beginning to struggle in her sleep; after her check of the surrounding area she had taken shelter beneath a tree across from mine and fell asleep shortly after sitting down. I was beside her not a second later and knelt down noticing how her fists clenched and beads of sweat that had begun to roll down her face. I wasn't sure to wake her, that was until I noticed her breathing had started to become struggled and strained so finally I reached forward.

"Rin" I said cautiously but no response; she was always a heavy sleeper.

"Rin" I said again a little more forceful. I reached forward then giving her shoulders a hard shake and finally, she shot up sucking in a breath and nearly slamming heads with mine. Her dark eyes looked panicked, and I noticed her trembling slightly as she tried to move back from me. I reached for her wrist and felt her tense as I pulled her into my arms and held her tightly; it took a moment but eventually, I felt her bury her face into my shoulder.

"Easy Rin it was just a bad dream" I comforted to which she released a slow sigh and shook her head.

"He's still trying to protect me" She muttered.

"What?"

"Even in the state he's in he's still trying to protect me. I don't get it, I don't' get any of it." She muttered miserably as she pulled away and wiped her face. I wanted to question further, to ask what the hell she was talking about but she was already pulling from my grasp and rising to her feet before I stood a chance.

"We need to go, now, get the others up we're running out of time" I nodded slightly not really sure how else to respond as picked up her Katana and slung it on her back; for a brief moment back there I saw the old Rin, the one who would do anything to protect a friend.

===================================================================

Rin and Naruto had pulled farther ahead but still within viable distance; Sakura was urging them to slow down but to no avail. I could see they were talking or rather exchanging brief words here and there. In a way, they were one and the same just two kids that have had their fair share of crap in life and have decided to try and fight it.

"Why are those two pushing themselves so hard to save Gaara when they're not even from the same village? That boy at least what is he? What's his story?" I glanced at Chiyo then back up at Naruto.