Chapter 63: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:

Okay sooooooo some quick updates here of where we are in the actual series. Rin has been meditating for a few days now. I have to skip a bunch because we don't actually see to much of the search for Itachi, actually during this time we get Jiraiya's back story and short arc. His time in the Land of Rain and his fight against Pein and of course ultimately his death.

Now while I could have written out Rin's entire meditation and come up with things for the search it would have resulted in very short chapters. So I think the time-skip was a better idea. Also this allows me to make the chapters a little longer than usual which I'm sure you all enjoy :D

So Jiraiya has indeed passed on. If you would like to know we are on Episode 134 of the english dub version.

So yes it has been a few days that Rin has been in the compound, and also here begins the set up for something I think many of my lovely fans have been waiting for!

Please comment, vote and of course enjoy!

**

Itachi

I knew Sasuke would come. What I didn't know was if Rin would be with him. After our departure Rin managed to pull of an even greater vanishing act than what Kisame and I had helped her with. She managed to disappear from under my own surveillance. A powerful genjutusu is what I pinned as the culpruit. My crows couldn't manage to unravel it. Soft footsteps brought me from my thoughts, he had definitely gotten better at concealing his chakra.

"So you've come" I started and he stopped walking, he had gotten taller, that was the first thing I noticed.

"Who's there?" He demanded.

"It's me, Sasuke" I replied as I stepped out of the shadows, his Sharingan activated the moment he saw me but I also noticed the confusion. The same confusion I had when I realized he was alone.

"Rin's not with you" We said it at the same time, it was somewhat startling to say the least.

"I haven't seen our sister in months" I lied smoothly and could see the anger burning in his eyes.

"My sister" He replied emphasizing the my.

"is with my team, safe from you" He finished but it was too late for the lie, he had already revealed he had no clue where Rin was or where she stood. I smirked slightly.

"Hn, only one person in this room has actively attempted to kill her" I stated and noticed his jaw clench.

"You haven't changed at all, still have those cold eyes" He replied stiffly.

"You're not going to to go crazy and attack me like last time are you? Rin's not here to save you this time" I taunted.

"Hn, you know absolutely nothing about me Itachi" He hissed and I noticed his movement. Faster than a normal eye could catch. I turned, a little to slow and his Chidori caught my shoulder and went straight through stopping only when it hit the ceiling.

"You have no idea how much hatred I carry for you in my heart, and how strong I've become because of it. You don't know me at all, we're just like strangers now." I could understand now, Rin's unease around him. Sasuke, while somewhat collected, was still a short fuse. I flinched when I fell to the ground and looked up at him, he was ready.

"You have gotten strong" I admitted, and allowed my body to disintegrate into crows. He seemed less than impress as they circled the cave.

"Meet me at the Uchiha hideout, alone, we'll settle things there" I finished. I noticed his attention leave the crows and let the jutsu fade as I opened my eyes. I looked up at Kisame who was fussing over his sword.