Chapter 7: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: I hate describing clothes haha I think it's boring but I wanted to give you guys an idea of Rin's shippuden outfit so I apologize for the boring description haha. But I'll post a pic for visual aid :] **

Rin

**Dream/Vision**

It felt like I had been walking around aimlessly for hours, maybe even days by now. I wasn't even sure if they completed the surgery or what was going on out there.

"You are alive, if that is what you wish to know" I paused at the sound of the deep voice. It had been nothing but silence until now.

"Who are you?" I demanded but the voice chuckled.

"No one you'll remember once you wake, just know that it is by my power not those ridiculous sand medics that your illness is cured" I felt myself tense and slowly reached for my chest.

"Excuse me?" He chuckled again.

"You are cured Princess, I would think that you would be grateful"

"By your power? How?"

"I had given you the illness, as a means to slow you down if you will. After all getting too powerful to quickly will corrupt anyone, just look at Itachi"

"How do you know of Itachi?" I demanded and he chuckled then.

"Let's just say I used to be his, and he carries the same illness you used to have as punishment for abusing the power I granted him. It's why I chose you and was a little more careful this time around."

"This is all your fault?" I hissed.

"Easy child, do not test me. I can return your illness just as easily as I took it away. I just feel you are now ready to reach your full potential, now you can handle it." I supressed an angry reply as I crossed my arms.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well it seems as though no one can protect you but yourself. Even after I asked that boy to promise he has failed so in return I will destroy the connection you have" I thought a moment trying to figure out who he meant then it hit me.

"Gaara" I breathed.

"Yes, him, it was foolish of me to believe he would be of use though he did serve his purpose. You no longer need this tie holding you down."

"No, it's not holding me down, just don't break it!" It fell silent then.

"Look thank you for curing me, but please, I owe Gaara my life, I-I you can't just destroy what we have!" I heard him sigh.

"I'm sure you can sense it Princess that he is fading" I focused on it then, the connection we had and knew he was right, he was fading.

"I don't care, I'll find a way, I'll save him" I replied defiantly and heard him chuckle.

"If it is what you desire Princess then so be it, I shall return to my slumber, you will recall none of this. Good luck Princess"

**End dream/vision**

I opened my eyes slowly, allowing them some time to adjust to the light; everything was a blur at first, just lumps and incoherent shapes but gradually the room came into focus. I looked around and the first thing I heard was a soft beeping and beside me I saw a heart monitor. I noticed then the IV in my wrist and the oxygen mask that covered my nose and mouth. I heard soft footsteps and glanced over to the sound only to see the back of a medic who seemed to looking over something.