Chapter 87: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:

I think with the next chapter we should be closing up the Pein Assault ark :) If not then it will be in the following one.

After this though we will begin the Five Kage Summit Arc! This arc will be the bridge to the fourth book :)

For now please vote, comment and of course enjoy!

**

Naruto

Rin stood on a pillar, miles above the ground, her sharingan blazing and something seemed a little off about it. Her Hand was placed over my chest and I caught her wrist pulling her into my arms as the rock I stood on began to disintegrate. I jumped from piece to piece until I reached the ground and set Rin on her feet.

"Thanks" She replied but my attention was taken to the smoke and dust rising from the direction of the village.

"What's going on?" I asked and Rin sighed as she looked towards the village.

"N-Naruto, you did that" She said slowly and I met her gaze.

"What?"

"When the nine-tails took over, you kind of lost control" She explained and I had a terrible thought.

"D-Did I kill Hinata? And all the people of the lead?" I asked, afraid of the answer. Rin hesitated, or rather her attention seemed to drift to a large wound in her torso. Her uniform was stained red and her hand clutching the wound was glowing a soft green.

"Didi I hurt you?" I asked, desperate and Rin shook her head.

"No, no this was Pein when I tried to save Hinata" She replied quickly.

"So, is she..."

"I got her our of your way the second I sensed the change beginning, I left her with Sakura so I think she'll be okay" She assured me.

"And the village?" I asked again and she shrugged.

"No better than it was before you showed up, so it's fine I guess" I let out a sigh of relief then.

"Thank god, you have no idea how relieving that is. I thought..."

"I know" She interrupted.

"I've been there too Naruto but right now we still have that idiot to take care of" She said and motioned to Pein. Pein seemed relatively unscathed, his cloak had torn but there were very little physical injuries visible. It was starting to get strange, how he still managed to bounce back after all that.

"Do you finally comprehend pain? Unless you come to know true pain you cannot comprehend someone else?" Pein shouted at us.

"You keep going on and on about this comprehension of pain, about how any of us could possibly understand what the leaf put you through but you seem to keep forgetting something" Rin spoke back.

"My clan is dead, all of them at the hands of the person I admired the most. You made the rest of my life a living hell, I just lost Itachi and you've taken Sasuke. I tried to come home and you've destroyed it, you killed Kakashi. I understand pain just as well as you do, but I'm not some homicidal maniac." Rin spoke with venom and anger in her words.

"You don't want peace, you want pity. We've all lost people Pein, it doesn't give you an excuse to be a shitty person" She spat. Pein was silent at her words, keeping his eyes level with Rin who didn't waver.

"Lets agree to disagree" He replied simply and I rolled my eyes.

"Enough of this, just take me to where the real Pein is! I want to talk to him face-to-face now!" I shouted.