Chapter 4: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: A couple of years ago today or rather of January 26th I posted the first Chapter of An Uchiha Is Born on Quizilla. One year later and we've made it father than I ever thought that I would get. So thank you to all my fans old and new. You have helped me bring Rin further in every chapter with your votes, support and wonderful messages/comments. So yes today in a way is Rin's birthday :] So happy birthday to her and thank you to all of you :] <3**

Hidou

I nearly slammed into Rin when she came to a sudden halt. Her shoulders rose and fell with each breath and I could see the sweat dripping down the side of her face. It's been three hours of running, just running and we were maybe half-way there. Then according to Rin's vision or whatever Deidara and Gaara may have just been beginning the battle.

"I thought you said we needed to hurry" I finally said as she pushed her cloak behind her shoulders.

"We do, or rather I do" I raised an eye.

"You dragged me along" I accused.

"If I recall correctly I gave you an option. You came along; I didn't think you'd try to slow me down." I tensed slightly.

"Try to slow...Rin I'm..." But she raised a hand signalling for me to shut it.

"Itachi is like a locked book that if opened by the wrong person all they will see are blank pages. I know what key to use though. You on the other hand are like a picture book, opened and exposed for anyone to read." I felt the anger spark in me as she turned to face me, her hands on her hips.

"So let's not lie and face it, you're trying to slow me down." I stared at her and she smirked as I sighed in defeat.

 "Alright, alright I'm sorry I just don't think this is a good idea. I know what it's like to be a big brother; I'd do the same to Ai if..."

"I am not Ai, and you are most certainly not Itachi."  She interrupted.

"Look I'll keep pace with you this time, I swear" I tried to promise but she shook her head.

"No, not with this jutsu"

"What jutsu?" I asked as she walked to the center of the clearing.

"It's called shadow transportation; a dark ninjutsu allowing me to use any shadow or darkness and travel through it to another occasion." She explained.

"Have you ever done it?" I questioned.

"Once"

"What happened?" I noticed her sigh as she looked away from me.

"Rin, what happened?" I demanded and she looked up catching my gaze.

"Like I said you're not Itachi, I don't have to explain myself to you. Meet me there or go ahead to the extraction location and I'll see you then. Good luck" I ran forward the moment her hands slammed together moving into hand signs that I couldn't recognize.

"Ninja art, dark style" She started and I slid to a stop as a sudden chill crept up my spine. I stared in amazement as the shadows seemed to pull towards her and when I looked down I saw my own faint shadow following the others. They began to circle her mixing with her dark chakra and I noticed her jaw clench.

"Rin, Rin stop!" I shouted but knew it was useless. She couldn't hear me anymore; she was lost in the jutsu. She slammed her palms together again.

"Shadow transportation jutsu!" Everything seemed to still for a moment, I couldn't release or take in another breath. I could only stare as the shadows and dark chakra became a perfect sphere around Rin. It took me off guard when I was suddenly hit by an invisible force that slammed me into a tree and left me gasping for air. I had to take a moment before I sat up. The first thing I noticed was that Rin was gone; the second was that none of the shadows had returned and finally was the chill that seemed to cover the clearing. It was as if an atmosphere of fear and death was left behind. I noticed it then as I focused a little harder, a hazy dark mist left behind. I reached forward and flinched away the moment I made contact.