Chapter 70: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

Yeah I decided the double release was a good idea, and I like that this is the chapter for our 70th! 

Also I think there is a limit on how many chapters can be under one story, I think it's like 100 or something. So if that is the case how would feel if the fourth installation was the war? In general how would feel about that? 

A lot happens in the war and it will take many chapters to cover in general and we are actually a lot closer than I initially thought. Which I am so amazed and so thankful that you've all stuck with me this far. 

But yeah let me know how you would feel if I separate the war arc into it's own book. I think it could be beneficial and if you agree, feel free to pitch potential title ideas. I really don't want it to be Part 2: The Uchiha Prodigy haha so lets toss around some options. 

My second question is in regards to the curse mark, so Sasuke no longer has one cause Itachi sealed Orochimaru and all that but does this mean all the curse marks are gone? Or just Sasuke's? I assumed just his but I couldn't find info on it. 

Now then lets get going with the truth!

Vote, comment and enjoy!

**

Madara

"An Uchiha coup d'etat, and Itachi, was he really a spy?" Sasuke asked, desperation in his voice.

"Despite being Uchiha, both you and the Princess we're told nothing because you were both so young. Though Rin may have been more involved than you at the time, considering her position." I admitted and could see his confusion.

"Posistion? Rin was basically an infant" He spat and I nodded slightly.

"Yes but her birth was unexpected, and a female was also uncommon. Her birth managed to delay the inevitable and as she grew the Uchiha became more hopeful, she was special to the clan." I explained.

"The light in the Uchiha darkness" Sasuke recalled slowly and I nodded.

"Yes, even your father began to believe that she was the answer but then I got involved and the village stepped back"

"But the village aided in her rescue, it was an ANBU that picked up her trail" He argued.

"An ANBU that was on the team lead by Itachi. The elders pulled most of the teams early in the search, eventually it fell to the Police force and if it hadn't been for their efforts Rin wouldn't have been found. Your father took this as a personal attack" I explained.

"Why do you think he didn't want her at the academy?" I asked but knew the answer, he no longer trusted the Leaf. He wanted her training to remain within the clan, but if he had only sent Sasuke suspicions would grow. In the end he had no choice, Rin had to attend. 

"Fugaku and his little girl" I muttered.

"Your father Fugaku was the mastermind behind the coup, and Itachi was a spy who entered the ANBU on your father's orders. However, it was actually the opposite. Itachi was supplying information to village about the Uchiha. In other words, he was a double agent, I can't even imagine what a burden that was to bear" I admitted.

"Why!? Why would Itachi betray the Uchiha!?" Sasuke demanded and I noticed Rin had covered her eyes with one of her arms, her lips pressed in a tight line.

"You may never understand his reasons, because you have never lived through the horrors of war" I replied.

"The third great ninja war, when Itachi was merely four years old he saw many people die. He should have never had to experience war at such a young age, war is hell. That trauma turned him into a pacifist that hated warfare. So instead of being bound by obligation to his clan, he was a ninja devoted to his village and the village leaders exploited that trait." I continued.