Chapter 49: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

So when I say this arc will be short I mean it will be really short haha. I've been re-watching it and if it works out how I think it might then Rin will be leaving half-way through the arc anyways. 

Or we might skip it all together, do some fillers and then go right into the Itachi pursuit arc. 

But let me know what you guys think! 

Please enjoy this chapter :)

**

Rin

I had left Shikamaru behind with Sai and Sakura. He was due for a healing session and any injuries I sustained were small and could be healed by my own hand. I could see Kakuzu in the distance, his power at its fullest form. I jumped up moving higher into the trees. I saw Naruto first and activated my Sharingan, his clones were taking Kakuzu from the front approach but I slowed to a stop when I saw the real one.

"What the..." I was at a loss for words, at the jutsu he held in his hand. I could hear it from here, the sound of whistling winds. He made the hit, the chakra erupting in a bright explosion as it tore through Kakuzu. I ducked behind the trunk of a tree as the shockwave followed. I shielded my face trying to focus on the jutsu but even with my Sharingan, it was hard to keep up with.

"Wow" I breathed and pushed my hair back as the wind died down. I looked down at Naruto and jumped down beside him.

"That's really something else Naruto" He glanced up at me as I pushed him to his back.

"R-Rin" He breathed and I grinned.

"The one and only" I replied as I unzipped his jacket. I released a slow breath, calming my nerves as I pressed my hands against his chest.

"Where's Shikamaru?" I glanced at Ino.

"He's fine. Sakura is healing his wounds and they'll be back soon." I said firmly.

"His vitals are fine, but he'll need basic healing to make it back to the village. Then Lady Tsunade can take a look at him and heal him fully" I diagnosed and Ino nodded taking over as I got up.

"Kakashi-Sensei is down that pit" I glanced at Choji before looking behind him at the pit left behind from Naruto's jutsu. I smiled slightly.

"Thanks, Choji" He nodded as I walked past him. I gave a nod of acknowledgment to Jazmine and to Yamato. I kept my pace even until I reached the edge of the pit. I deactivated my Sharingan just as Kakashi finished off Kakuzu. I felt relief rush over me, my heart speeding up when I looked down at him

"Kakashi"

Kakashi

I finished Kakuzu with one last blast from the Chidori. Naruto's Rasenshuriken was impressive and powerful, it left Kakuzu immobilized but somehow he still clung to life. The Chidori was enough to officially end the battle, and it was a relief to have one less Akatsuki member to worry about.

"Kakashi" I heard her voice, clear as a bell, and let my chidori die down as I turned. I nearly fell back as Rin ran into my arms. I felt her hands clench the back of my vest and I circled my arms tightly around her.

"You're okay" We said it at the same time. I chuckled slightly letting her step back a bit but not letting my arms drop from her.

"Where's Shikamaru?"

"He'll be back shortly. Sai and Sakura are with him." She confirmed and I released a breath of relief.

"Good" I replied and pulled her in, just to hold her a little longer.