Chapter 64: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors note: 

So this is going to be a semi-long authors note. 1st thing to address is the poll for who Rin will end up with, I will be posting more information about that once Rin and Shikamaru's relationship get's rolling! Right now I want the focus to return to the battle. 

Also I'm starting basically the same way the actual battle started and that's with Itachi's memories. I will be skipping a majority of the Genjutsu, even though I have written genjutsu before having to figure out how to layer three Uchiha's genjutsu and still have it make sense proved difficult. So Rin will be kind of barging in closer to end of the genjutsu and when the real fighting begins. 

Also! Because three people are fighting and I want to focus on all of them some of the battle is going to be written in Zetsu's point of view! Cause after re-watching it all I realized he was there watching the whole time! We will still get Itachi, Sasuke and Rin POV too so don't worry. :) 

Finally, that means yes, after this chapter the final battle of Itachi, Rin and Sasuke will begin. I'm not sure how many chapters it will take but these chapters will be a little longer than normal so my guess is 3-5 chapters.  

I am  very excited for what is to come, I hope you guys are too and I also hope you like the build up so far!

Anyways please comment, vote and of course enjoy!

**

Itachi

**Memories**

I knew they had been watching. Rin's chakra was hidden from me, not out of habit but from fear. The memories of her time with Atatsuki still fresh. Still no doubt she would be trailing behind Sasuke as always. I jumped into the air knowing that they had come to watch me train, the movement by now was easy. My sharingan was refined and I had no trouble hitting the targets. I landed back in the centre and glanced at each of the targets.

"Wow Itachi you nailed every target, even the one in the blindspot!" Sasuke praised and I smiled as he stepped from behind the trees, Rin, as predicted, right behind him. He released her hand and I could see her unease as Sasuke drew two kunai.

"Alright, now its my turn!" He declared.

"No Sasuke, it's time to go" I replied firmly and was slightly amused at his pout.

"What happened to the new shuriken jutsu you promised to teach me huh? You've already begun it with Rin" He objected but Rin remained unusually silent as she glanced at the targets.

"It'll have to wait; I have an important mission tomorrow that I must prepare for. Besides Father doesn't like Rin being outside of the compound walls for to long" I reminded and he rolled his eyes.

"She's just as safe here with me and you. We're her big brothers, we protect her too, better than anyone" He said firmly and I noticed a Rin's lips pull into a small smile. I motioned for Sasuke to come towards me and he followed my motions.

"Sorry Sasuke, maybe another time" I replied as I poked his forehead. He flinched as he stumbled back and shot me a glare.

"Okay fine but just watch this!" I raised an eyebrow in confusion as he ran for the targets.

"Sasuke wait, your footing is off!" Rin shouted, but he was already in the air. He managed to throw one kunai before dropping back to the ground. I heard a crack when he landed and Rin and I ran to him.

"You dummy" Rin scolded as she knelt down. I watched as she lifted his foot onto her lap as I helped Sasuke into a sitting position.

"Tell me if this hurts" She said as she pushed his foot back, but he shook his head.