Chapter 38: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors note:

Welp here go. I have finished writing the enitre battle and some of the aftermath. I'm now starting on team 10's hunt for Kakuzu and Hidan.

So let me know what you think!

I did work hard on these so please enjoy :)

**

Shikamaru

The plan of attack wasn't our best option, but it had turned into our only option. Out of the four of us Asuma-Sensei was the only one capable of taking Hidan on. While I attempted to keep him busy with my shadow stitching jutsu Asuma advanced the attack and with our combined efforts we'd hopefully be able to decapitate him. I mean he's immortal but what body can still function when detached from the brain? His partner Kakuzu on the other hand stayed back watching the battle; he stood a few paces in front of Rin. Rin sat with her legs crossed and eyes closed, her Katana sitting on her lap. I had heard the threat as clearly as the others; if she helped us they would kill her.

"Dammit" I muttered. I was giving Asuma a chance but each opening was small. It was hard to feel confident in any plan or action when your target was immortal and we had limited chakra and only one life. I pressed on with my shadow but Hidan jumped out of reach as he threw forward his scythe. I noticed Asuma-sensei move into a stance I wasn't familiar with, but the jutsu forced Hidan back.

"Chiriku's jutsu, of course he's better at than I am" Hidan looked frustrated as he rose. I kept looking to his partner but he was still and silent. His eyes even seemed glazed over and absent, like he wasn't quite looking at us but through us.

"Nice move" Izumo's voice brought me back to the fight and I managed to push Hidan from his attack as my jutsu chased after him. Asuma-Sensei and I were working in perfect sync and I was beginning to think that, that may be enough to take him down.

"You almost got him that time Shikamaru, keep at it"

"Alright listen up, I may need you two to back me up okay" It was more of a pre-caution. I wasn't about to make the mistake of assuming that Kakuzu wouldn't attack once we gained the upper hand.

"It's always the same way with you non-believers. You're always so desperate to escape you choose the obvious line of attack. You're so transparent." Hidan ran for the attack again but was pulled short when he tried to move his scythe.

"What the hell" He shouted and turned. Rin stood with her Katana in hand and foot pinning down his scythe.

"I told you stay out of it!" I stared in surprise as she looked up, her Sharingan burning red as she faced Hidan.

"These are leaf ninja, Leader knows I don't take missions involving Konoha!"

"Kakuzu!" Rin smirked and I looked over at Kakuzu who remained frozen in place. His eyes still glazed over.

"Kakuzu has a strong will I'll give him that, but it'll still take him some time to break free of my Genjutsu on his own."

"You little bitch" Rin jumped back when Hidan forced back the scythe. She looked at Asuma-sensei who was staring at her.

"I need to focus on this Genjutsu or Kakuzu will break free. All I can offer is back up" She said firmly.

"Stand back for now, strike unless needed. I can handle this" She nodded and seemed to blur. I felt wind on my beck and glanced back as Rin knelt behind me.

"I need the plan now"

"Asuma-Sensei is on the first attack. I'm on the second. I need to immobilize him so he can be decapitated. The only thing is will it work?" I asked and she sighed.

"I've cut off Hidan's appendages many times but never his head. It's worth a shot" She admitted.

"Does he have any weakness?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, he loves the pain of torture and he's immortal. Just keep him out of that symbol and don't let him get your blood"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because it's how he uses his jutsu and after that I can't help you"

"Then why are you helping us to begin with? They said they would kill you" Rin met my gaze briefly and sighed.

"Because you're my friend idiot" I smirked slightly.

"While you two chat I'll take out the weak ones" Rin's hands hit my back as she flipped over me to stand between me and Hidan, but just as she rose her Katana Hidan switched his direction of attack. I noticed Rin's confusion as her stance relaxed but her gaze shifted as she followed his line of attack.

"Asuma move!" Rin shouted but the scythe managed to pierce his cheek even through his attempt at a block.

"Shit" I heard Rin curse.

"Shikamaru keep him out of that symbol!" She ordered and I nodded as she ran forward.

"Hidan stop!" She shouted but he drew back the scythe and caught it by the handle. I noticed him lick the blood from the blade. I reached for him with my shadows as he tried to retreat to the symbol he drew earlier. Rin ran forward and I realized then Asuma-Sensei had begun another jutsu.

"Rin wait!" But she had already jumped into the ash.

"Asuma-Sensei Rin's in..." Asuma bit down and the entire cloud went up in flames.

"Rin!"

Hidan

I felt the burning of the flames. The pain as it over took my body. This though was nothing compared to the burns created from Dark chakra. I released a breath as the dust settled and looked to Rin just as he pulled herself from the scorched earth. Of course she'd have an earth jutsu up her sleeve. The boy with the shadow jutsu looked relieved that she was unscathed but that relief was quickly replace as he laid his eyes on their Captain.

"I already cursed you, and the ritual has begun" I explained as I rose to my feet. I noticed Kakuzu shift and Rin's attention was taken back to him, the tomes in her eyes spinning as she regained her focus. Even with her part of her focus taken by the Genjutsu she needed to hold Rin was a threat. I couldn't fight both her and the four others.

"It is unfortunate Princess" I started and she slowly looked back at me. She needed to be certain she had Kakuzu under her control again.

"That it has come to this so quickly" I pulled the vile from my pendant and popped the lid.

"But today there will be one less leaf ninja and one less Uchiha to worry about" I tipped my head back as I drank the contents. The blood was slick and had a coppery taste. I faced Rin and she stared wide eyed as she faced me. I wiped my lip as I drew my staff from my belt.

"H-Hidan I..."

"You're speechless for once, now that's impressive" I laughed when I saw the fear cross Rin's eyes. I would have taunted her more if not for the steps I heard quickly approaching. I turned just as there Captain ran towards me. I spun the staff in my hand and slammed it through my thigh. The pain made me shiver with delight and I watched as he dropped.

"Hurts don't it, and I didn't even hit a vital spot!" I glanced back at Rin who was doubled over, her hands glowing green with healing chakra as she held it over her knee. She could heal all she wanted; as long as I had her blood in my system she'd die the second I struck a fatal blow.

"You asked for it Princess"