Chapter 15: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors note: Here we go almost done with the Gaara retrieval arc! :D I never realized how little fighting Naruto and Kakashi did until I had to write it out so I apologize for the lack of action!**

Rin

The first question that had spilled out was who did you kill; which earned me a hard look and a mild silent treatment. I mean what else did he expect when he mentioned his mangekyo? 

"Hey sensei are you ready or what?" Naruto asked impatiently. Kakashi had his hands pressed together in a single hand sign as he focused.

"Hold your horses; remember I don't have as much as chakra or stamina as an Uchiha. I can't just fade into like Rin, It'll take some time." He replied.

"Then why doesn't Rin do it?" I noticed Kakashi sigh so I decided to take this one.

"Mangekyo is different from the regular Sharingan; it's more powerful for one thing but the amount of power and what you can achieve from it varies by user." I explained.

"So yours wouldn't work then?" I shook my head.

"Probably not, I mean the only thing I've tried with it is Amaterasu and it's hard to control so I could cause a forest fire that would burn for years." I told him as I pushed off the rock wall gaining a little height before landing a few feet in front of him.

"Kakashi sensei, are you about ready yet?" I glanced back at Kakashi as he lowered his hand.

"Preparations complete" I stared at his eye which had morphed into a shape that reminded me of a demon wind shuriken.

"Rin watch it!" I turned back about to hit one of the logs until a hand grabbed the back of my shirt and practically threw me back. I tried to turn mid-air until a pair of arms caught me instead and I looked up meeting the eyes of Kakashi.

"A little distracted don't you think?" I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't expect that, I thought you were lying"

"You know me better than that" He replied before letting me drop to my feet in time to push off another log. I smiled slightly and looked forward again.

"Let's just get this done, I'm tired of playing offense" Naruto nodded in agreement.

"Alright, you two better fall back a little" He warned. I motioned to Naruto who fell back but I kept within eye-distance watching his every move.

"Mangekyo" He muttered and I could see his chakra fluctuate as the jutsu began. I followed his gaze to Deidara and the air around him seemed to bend and twist as a point focused near his shoulder. The focal point of the jutsu seemed to move as we got closer and Deidara began to struggle. It continued to twist and bend until a sickening crack echoed in my ears and Deidara released a low scream as his arm was sucked into the void. I heard a slight grunt and the jutsu faded. I immediately looked back at Kakashi as he held a hand over his Sharingan eye.

"I missed" He muttered.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm still not very good at controlling the size or position of the barrier space."

"Look its okay, you got his..."

"But I'll get it right this time!" He let his hand drop and I felt the anger spark in me as he seemed to ignore my every word.

"You're wearing yourself down, once is enough!" I tried to reason but he continued to ignore me.

"Kakashi you're going to kill yourself, listen to me you idiot!" I released a slight groan of frustration as he pressed on jumping farther away from me. I released a slow breath then as I sped up, if he wasn't going to listen then I'd make him stop.