Chapter 52: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Rin

I hadn't meant to snap at Deidara. The headache had been getting to me and was only getting worse. Only now I was saddled with Madara and there was no way I'd show him weakness.

"Where are we?" He demanded. I looked around the forest, unsure myself exactly where we were.

"I don't know" I admitted. I was following instinct not a laid out plan.

"Did you get us lost?" He asked, obviously annoyed and I shook my head.

"No" I replied simply and he was silent as we continued through the forest. To be fair I had no intentions of actually going towards the three-tails, regardless if I had sensed its location. I thought once Deidara and I argued Madara's other half would take hold and he'd go off with Deidara. Instead I was stuck with him and there was no way I was leading him to Sasuke or Itachi.

"Alright Princess enough is enough where are..." I stopped and felt him slam into my back. I felt a chill down my spine, the sense had grown stronger and I could feel more than one chakra network close by.

"There" I said and pointed towards a lake. Madara stepped ahead of me this time as we walked out onto a cliff.

"What on earth..."

"The Leaf Village" I breathed. Of course, of course they were here. I could see the barrier jutsu and I could see Sakura, Ino, Hinata and Shizune which meant two things.

"They're after the beast" Madara noted, that was one.

"They operate in teams, the others wouldn't be far" I replied, and that was the other.

"This has become more of a challenge" He noted.

"Are you suggesting we go back for Deidara?" I asked and he scoffed.

"He'd only slow us down." He muttered as he surveyed the grounds.

"Who's that?" He asked and I looked across the shore. A familiar man crouched behind some rocks watching the girls.

"I'm pretty sure it's one of Orochimaru's henchmen"

"Take him out, he'll only be a hindrance later" I scoffed at his order.

"Please, like that guy is actual threat" I replied shortly.

"Besides Orochimaru wouldn't just send one"

"You're not trying to buy them time are you?" He asked and I sighed.

"I am but I also have valid points that you can't argue." I countered.

"First we should let them bring out the beast; it saves us the trouble in finding it." I started.

"Plus that jutsu takes a lot of concentration, and perfect chakra control. They can't fight while it's formed."

"So they'll have ninja waiting for an attack" He muttered and I nodded.

"Exactly, so let that idiot attack first and bring out the others. Let them do all the fighting and we'll get your stupid beast after the chaos" I finished and he fell silent.

"A smart plan" He admitted quietly.

"But I brought you on this mission for a reason" I raised an eye

"And what would that be?" I asked turning to him.

"This"

Madara (Tobi)

She had realized seconds too late, I had seen the red of her Sharingan beginning to form around her pupil but she was already caught in my Genjutsu. Her eyes went dull. She stared at me without really seeing as her stance relaxed. I set my mask back in place as I stepped towards her.