Chapter 21: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: Hello Fans! :D This is just something brief cause I know a few of you are curious as to what's going on in the leaf and we're about to start the whole Sasuke arc! Woohoo! haha though I have to admit it's not to long cause since Rin isn't with team 7 we skip alot of that haha ^^" But I'll make sure you guys aren't lost! So here we are; message, comment, vote and enjoy! :D <3**

Shikamaru

There were three things I hated about alarm clocks; one you rarely woke up when they went off, two you woke up annoyed because it went off after, and three the energy it took to shut it off. Mornings were just troublesome. I groaned as I finally reached over feeling around for the snooze managing to knock off at least half the things on my nightstand before I finally shut it off. I sighed as I swung my legs off my bed and looked down at the mess; now this disaster to clean up.

"Troublesome" I muttered as I kicked some of the unnecessary items under my bed. I reached down for the picture frame and stared at it for a moment, it was a photo of us from the Sports Festival. I sighed as I placed it back on the nightstand and finally got up to get dressed. I missed her, every day. You'd think after so long I'd get over it. I mean sure I was angry at her, and I was hurt, and I wanted to yell at her but I also wanted to hold her, to kiss her again, and tell her that everything was still okay.

"Jeez" I mumbled to myself. I was a crappy boyfriend. Here I am dating Temari and thinking how much I want to be with someone else. It was hard not to, Rin left a mark on everyone she met. A touch to remember her by. Sometimes good maybe for others bad but no matter what it was hard to forget. I pushed open my bedroom door and walked down the hall.

"How'd you sleep?" I glanced up at my Dad who was eating breakfast already.

"Alright"

"That dream again?" I nodded as I took a seat. The dream was basic but always vivid and the same. The last time I saw Rin; that day she left.

"You should take some time off Shikamaru, go visit the hot springs or one of the lesser villages for a few days." I sighed as I leaned back in my chair.

"Missions, planning the chunin exams. There's no time." I replied.

"What about that girl from the sand village, how are things with her?" I shrugged.

"Alright, I guess. She still asks a lot of questions." He chuckled slightly.

"Well maybe if you made it a little less obvious that you still had feelings for Rin then she'd stop." He pointed out. Even the name sounded foreign. I used to ignore everything and everyone that would mention her, how she's changed or how she's become a shame to the village and her clan. The people that said that didn't know her as I did.  

"Rin" I finally said and sighed as I held my head in my hands.

"If it was easy to get over her I would have years ago. I thought seeing someone else would help."

"Be careful Shikamaru, a woman's heart is a delicate thing that shouldn't be played with." I sighed as I got up.

"It's not like we love each other"

"You don't love her maybe but what about her?"

"I'm late to meet Choji" I replied curtly and quickly left the house. I stepped to the main street and began walking. I didn't want to hurt Temari, I really didn't but after weeks of hinting from her I decided to give it a go. It got everyone off my back for still being hung up on Rin, it was a relief.

"Hey Shikamaru, I need you for something!" I paused as Naruto ran down the street straight for me; I guess they were back.

"We need an extra man for a mission, could you help us out?"  I sighed.