Chapter 88: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note**

With this chapter we finish the Pein Assault arc! The upcoming arc is the Hokage Summit and that will lead us into Book 4! Which yes will be the final book of this series.

I have been asked if I will write about the next generation and honestly I'm not sure. Rin has been years in the making so after completing her story I will want a much-needed break haha

But if I do continue with the next generation it will be a completely separate series from Rin. That way those that want to continue reading can and those that want to end with Rin will have a nice ending.

Now then this also leaves us with only 12 chapters left to complete this book! This also means only 12 chapters left to vote for your fave Rin pairing. Right now we have Kakashi in the lead, Shikamaru in second, and Gaara in the last place.

**Edit: Voting closed as of 2016**

No then please comment, vote and enjoy!

**

Pein

The entrance went up in flames. Konan's paper disintegrated into little piles of ash as smoke filled the base. I could hear the wood cracking under the heat as two figures walked forward from the smoke.

"Knock knock" Rin said flatly and Konan lurched forward ready to defend me as always. Rin had a hand rested on her sword.

"Konan stay out of this" I ordered and she slid to a stop.

"But Nagato" She argued.

"It's alright" I assured her as Naruto walked towards us, Rin keeping a safe distance to attack or defend.

"Are you him, are you the real Pein?" Naruto asked.

"So the Peace Maker comes stumbling in at last" I replied and noticed his fists clenching at his sides.

"Tell me do you hate me now? I'm the object of your vendetta, do you wish to exact revenge on me?" I demanded.

"Killing Nagato and achieving vengeance isn't going to do a single thing to change the world. You will only get personal satisfaction" Konan added.

"If you could not find the answer then there is nothing more you can do, so do the just thing and simply sacrifice yourself to me and to the peace that I shall soon construct!" I shouted. The base of my pedestal opened and shot a black receiver towards Naruto. Rin caught his wrist, as I expected and switched spots him the receiver piercing her torso. She slid back a few paces but didn't fall, Naruto stared wide-eyed at her back.

"As expected you always come to this one's aid" I mused.

"You've given control of your movements, but not to worry Princess I've avoided your vital spots" I explained and she put her hands on the receiver.

"R-Rin" Naruto stammered.

"I-I'm fine" She replied quickly.

"He doesn't realize what a hassle dark chakra can be" I met her gaze then, her Sharingan burning red as she focused dark chakra into her hands. It was like a sharp pain in the base of my neck that exploded through my spine and made me lurch forward, visions of a beast clouding my mind.

"Nagato, what's wrong?" Konan asked worry in her voice but I kept my eyes on Rin as she slowly pulled out the receiver. The visions fading but the pain remaining.

"He says nice try" Rin said as she tossed the receiver aside. She stepped to the side and looked at Naruto.

"Go ahead" She told him and Naruto nodded.