Chapter 93: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:

T-Minus 2 chapters and counting! We are so close to being done, this is so exciting!!! I'm hoping to finish off Book 3 this coming week and then onto book 4 this coming weekend :D

Now please comment, vote, and enjoy!

**

Sasuke

I was somewhat confused at Madara's words. We had failed at catching the eight tails and Naruto was the ninth which was meant to be Pein's task. The Jubi, I guess, could just be a name.

"What?" I finally asked.

"The Jubi, the ten-tailed or rather the spirit of the ten-tailed beast."

"Ten...Tails?" I questioned slowly and he nodded.

"Yes"

"But there is only nine" Suigetsu argued and Madara chuckled.

"This one is special" He replied, not willing to go further.

"And I will need it to complete the Akatsuki's goal" he said firmly.

"Why can't you get it?" Karin asked.

"Because you failed in capturing the eight tails, this will be your way of repaying me." He reminded.

"Besides this one may prove to be easier to capture than the eighth" He added catching more of my attention.

"What do you mean?" I demanded and I could almost feel his smirk.

"Well you'll find she struggles a little when fighting with family" He replied, I was about to demand a better response until it hit me.

"R-Rin" Was all I managed to stammer out. I heard him laugh and could feel my mind spiralling.

"No, no I was there when Rin was born. We spent almost every day together in our childhood, there is no way she could be a, a, a..."

"A host?" Madara finished.

"It's a funny thing, the Jubi. You see I have half it's form, hidden away and as a child born into darkness Rin was chosen to host the other half. " He explained.

"Chosen?" I asked and he nodded.

"This knowledge was passed down through generations of Uchiha but sadly ended at Itachi. You and Rin we're never meant to discover it. The source of her dark chakra, her fits of incredible power are all from him. The Jubi fuels her" He replied.

"Rin showed no signs of being a host" I objected.

"Or maybe you dismissed them as something else" He replied. The more I thought about, about all the times she lashed out, about how she could sense when Naruto was in trouble or when the Akatsuki went after Gaara. All the dots were connecting, and it made me feel somewhat ill.

"But if the Uchiha brat was a host I would be able to sense her different chakra" Karin argued.

"If the Jubi can keep himself hidden from her family and not to mention Rin herself for years then hiding from you would be no problem." Madara replied.

"But then how did you know?" I demanded.

"When a girl was born to the Head family it aroused my suspicions, of course as an infant I could prove nothing so I waited a few years before..."

"Kidnapping her" I realized.

"Precisely, all to confirm what I already knew. This is why I have spared her life time and time again, and it is why I will expect you to do the same" He went on.