Chapter 78: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

Alright then let's get started! I also have the poll up and running for who Rin should end up with which I will provide a link to in the comments as well as in the about me on my Profile :) 

I'm not sure how long I'll keep voting open for, but most likely up until before I begin the war. That may change though. So vote, vote, vote while you can!

**Edit: Voting closed as of 2016**

Please comment, vote, and of course enjoy!

**

Neji

Rin's jutsu did take time and patience. She explained it as simply as she could. She would extend her dark chakra outwards, as far as she could all while using others shadows to increase her reach and eventually it would connect to the shadow she needed. I understood more now why she needed a guard, she didn't seem very aware of anyone's presence. Kakashi and Shino came and went as they pleased, they mostly came to just mark off where they had searched. Rin paid no attention, just sat in her meditative state.

"He's not in the rain village" Rin eyes opened when Kakashi walked in. I was a little startled to see the white in her eyes had dimmed. Rin closed her eyes again, releasing a slow breath and the shadows seemed to fall back into place as they drifted from her body, her dark chakra seeping back into her skin. Kakashi was behind her in seconds so that she fell against his legs rather than to the floor.

"Easy Rin" He said gently. Rin's chakra was lowering, she wouldn't be able to use this jutsu for much longer if at all this evening. Her dark chakra coursed through her network, overtaking but not completely absorbing all the regular chakra.

"She'll be alright; she's just exhausted her abilities. She been in that trance since sunrise" I assured him and he nodded as Rin came around. This time the whites of her eyes were clear as she looked between me then up at Kakashi whi extended his hand.

"What was it you said?" She asked, taking his hand and he helped her to her feet.

"He's not in the Rain village, my dogs have returned." He explained and Rin steadied herself before walking to one of the maps. She took a pencil marking off the Rain village.

"So he's on the move" I noted and she nodded.

"The question is where" She replied.

"Do you have any leads?" Kakashi asked and Rin sighed.

"None yet. I've found Sasuke and his team and other Akatsuki members but he's not with them." There was annoyance in her voice and I noticed her glance at a map where she had me mark a location. My assumptions was that's where her brother was.

"What do you know about Sasuke?" I asked and she glanced at me.

"Nothing new, other than he's working with the Akatsuki and he was sent..." She paused, her eyes widening and a grin coming to her face.

"Rin?" I questioned and she practically leaped as she pulled Kakashi into a hug.

"I know where Pein could be!" She yelled, excitement in her voice. Kakashi laughed nervously and I could have sworn he was blushing when Rin let him go, but her attention was on the maps.

"Okay so the main objective of the Akatsuki was to capture the tailed beasts, the stronger your team the stronger the beast you were sent to retrieve. Sasuke's an idiot but he is powerful, his first mission was to capture the eight tails" She explained.

"Assuming your correct, how does this tell us the location of their leader?" I asked.

"They don't kill the hosts, otherwise the beast dies with them. The host dies after the extraction, so they basically beat them to a pulp and bring them to..."